You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MSKCC Summer Research Fellowship 2023
Started by gavinupwht
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did it last year - there is surely people applying as almost all the spots get filled (though some get dissolved because of budgeting issues)
Thanks for the reply! I just received an interview invite from the project I'm interested in today. I'm curious how many interviews are sent out for each project. Do you have any data on that?I did it last year - there is surely people applying as almost all the spots get filled (though some get dissolved because of budgeting issues)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I can tell from past MSKCC threads, only certain projects seem to do interviews.Thanks for the reply! I just received an interview invite from the project I'm interested in today. I'm curious how many interviews are sent out for each project. Do you have any data on that?
I applied. I didn’t know there was potentially interviews lol. Best of luck to you!
Zero data, sorry!Thanks for the reply! I just received an interview invite from the project I'm interested in today. I'm curious how many interviews are sent out for each project. Do you have any data on that?
As another poster mentioned also not all projects do interviews
sunflowerstudent
New Member
Has anyone heard back for acceptances/rejections yet?
Still nothing on my end. Looks like last year some people had their portal update Tuesday evening and then some emails went out Wednesday morning.
what do you mean by a portal update? like does it change from 'submitted' to something else? thanks!!Still nothing on my end. Looks like last year some people had their portal update Tuesday evening and then some emails went out Wednesday morning.
what do you mean by a portal update? like does it change from 'submitted' to something else? thanks!!
thank you! I'm still a little confused...I only see 'submitted,' unless that was the update?
presumably it'll change from 'submitted' once decisions have been madethank you! I'm still a little confused...I only see 'submitted,' unless that was the update?
sunflowerstudent
New Member
I called this morning and they said that students will begin to get notified the end of next week- not this week
Accepted!
ps: the email said decision is rolling, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet.
ps: the email said decision is rolling, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R!
Congrats to everyone who heard back! Does anyone mind sharing what project they were selected for?
crazyaussie98
New Member
Does anyone know if all the projects are placed at the same mskcc location?
calisujfarm
New Member
Anyone else heard back?
Maybe tomorrow?
Do we think that maybe they’ve sent out acceptances to first choice candidates and they’re now waiting to see who accepts and who doesn’t?
Probably that’s what’s happeningDo we think that maybe they’ve sent out acceptances to first choice candidates and they’re now waiting to see who accepts and who doesn’t?
Just got a rejection email
Anyone else still waiting for a decision?
I'm still waiting too, based on previous years it seems like each PI does things differently so it's hard to predict the timeline, but hopefully we will all hear by the end of the week!Anyone else still waiting for a decision?
Yeah it's very PI-dependent and funding dependent (sometimes these projects run into those and never get passed the application phase and just have their fellows solo it)I'm still waiting too, based on previous years it seems like each PI does things differently so it's hard to predict the timeline, but hopefully we will all hear by the end of the week!
Based on what my PI told me, their application system works similarly as the residency match program. Chances are some of the projects/PI can go "unmatched" at this point because the candidates they ranked as top might not rank their project as the first option. So I suspect that there will be a second round of "internal match" going on soon (similar to the SOAP in the residency application), which is likely why some of you still haven't heard back yet.I'm still waiting too, based on previous years it seems like each PI does things differently so it's hard to predict the timeline, but hopefully we will all hear by the end of the week!
R this morning
Accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crazyaussie98
New Member
Do people want to start a program group me?