MSKCC Summer Research Fellowship 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gavinupwht

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's applying for MSKCC summer research program? I didn't see a thread created for this year.

Members don't see this ad.

I did it last year - there is surely people applying as almost all the spots get filled (though some get dissolved because of budgeting issues)

I did it last year - there is surely people applying as almost all the spots get filled (though some get dissolved because of budgeting issues)
Thanks for the reply! I just received an interview invite from the project I'm interested in today. I'm curious how many interviews are sent out for each project. Do you have any data on that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! I just received an interview invite from the project I'm interested in today. I'm curious how many interviews are sent out for each project. Do you have any data on that?
From what I can tell from past MSKCC threads, only certain projects seem to do interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied. I didn’t know there was potentially interviews lol. Best of luck to you!

Zero data, sorry!

As another poster mentioned also not all projects do interviews

Lol accidentally made a thread without realizing there’s one here. Nothing on my end, refreshed my email way too much today…

Still nothing on my end. Looks like last year some people had their portal update Tuesday evening and then some emails went out Wednesday morning.

Reactions: 3 users
Still nothing on my end. Looks like last year some people had their portal update Tuesday evening and then some emails went out Wednesday morning.
what do you mean by a portal update? like does it change from 'submitted' to something else? thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called this morning and they said that students will begin to get notified the end of next week- not this week

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!

ps: the email said decision is rolling, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:
Accepted too! Received email at 12 PM

• Love
Congrats to everyone who heard back! Does anyone mind sharing what project they were selected for?

Do we think that maybe they’ve sent out acceptances to first choice candidates and they’re now waiting to see who accepts and who doesn’t?

Anyone else still waiting for a decision?
I'm still waiting too, based on previous years it seems like each PI does things differently so it's hard to predict the timeline, but hopefully we will all hear by the end of the week!

I'm still waiting too, based on previous years it seems like each PI does things differently so it's hard to predict the timeline, but hopefully we will all hear by the end of the week!
Yeah it's very PI-dependent and funding dependent (sometimes these projects run into those and never get passed the application phase and just have their fellows solo it)

Based on what my PI told me, their application system works similarly as the residency match program. Chances are some of the projects/PI can go "unmatched" at this point because the candidates they ranked as top might not rank their project as the first option. So I suspect that there will be a second round of "internal match" going on soon (similar to the SOAP in the residency application), which is likely why some of you still haven't heard back yet.

hi is anyone doing the program this summer looking for a roommate?