any thoughts on University of Minnesota?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bangn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from the midwest and am looking at schools right now. I don't hear a lot about the U of Mn here or with the PTs i talk to since a lot of them went to UW La Crosse or elsewhere. Just wondering if anyone knows anyone or has any thoughts on this PT program. U of Mn is attractive to me because it's a big school (I'm from a small town), but close to home and I love the twin cities. I know they do a lot of research compared to most schools. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Bangn. I was just accepted to the U for this upcoming summer! I've spoken to Liz in great detail about the program and it seems to be very research oriented like you mentioned. Speaking with some of the physical therapists I've shadowed and worked with, they have told me that the students coming out of the U seemed to be the best prepared. Hope this helps!

Congratulations!! I plan to apply this summer and am nervous about getting accepted. Did you apply early? U of M is pretty expensive compared to a lot of schools in the midwest. I'm glad to hear good things about it.