Any thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matwos91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, this is my first time posting in this forum.
I just finished my Junior year at UC Santa Barbara, and am planning on applying next summer (taking a year off).

I just got my mcat score back which was 31R
12VR
8PS
11BS

I'm not sure about retaking it since my PS score was so low, but I'm worried I would score lower in VR and possibly in BS.

Also, my GPA has taken a dive this past year, for some reason I have just been having a very difficult time in my upper division science classes.
As of right now I have a 3.25 cGPA, I'm not sure about my science GPA but it is probably around 3.1. I'm hoping to raise both my cGPA and sGPA through summer school and senior year, but at best my cGPA can probably only be raised to a 3.3 or so.

I have been volunteering at a clinic for the past 2 years and have been working in the local ER for the past year or so, and am trying to get into some research now.

I was wondering what your thoughts were about chances at MD vs. DO schools, and whether I should consider retaking my MCAT. As I'm sure many of you are, I'm completely lost as to what I should be doing right now.
Thanks for reading this and helping me out!

Members don't see this ad.