Any tips for UMichigan interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YBee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the news that I'll be interviewing with UM next month. This will be my first interview (I took the August MCAT so there may be more yet - I hope!), and I'm a little nervous. Has anyone else interviewed there? Was it relaxed, were there any specific difficult questions asked or was it the usual: tell me about yourself, why do you want to be a doctor, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I just came back from there today and it was WONDERFUL! There were 3 30 minute interviews (back to back), but the people were so super nice . . . nothing out of the ordinary.

If you feel nervous, talk to Katie Horne (admissions director?) beforehand. She'll make you feel at home.

When I went there, I was surprised by how many people they interview! I must have seen about 40 applicants! Oh well, it's a fun day. They'll let you play with Cardiax.

I got back from there last week and it was great! The one thing to note that was my experience and others in my group was that the staff had the standard laid back interview while the student interviewers asked more of the harder question ie issues in health care, difficult times in your life, etc. I get the feeling that the students just want to know that you can communicate with your colleagues. Best of luck. I'm sure you'll love it.