Any truth to this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exPCM

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this today and I am skeptical.

Welcome to the Health Quest Physicians Group website! We are a multi-specialty clinic located in the heart of Jefferson City and specialize in whole health wellness care. Our team consists of health care professionals that span the entire wellness spectrum including chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and massage therapy. With many years of training and education under our belt we have treated many patients with conditions ranging from whiplash to scoliosis to herniated disks to infertility. We have had stunning success with these conditions and many others under our care.

http://healthquestgroup.com/index.php

Question:
Is there any validity at all to treatment of infertility by chiropractors?

Members don't see this ad.

Granted I'm only a soon-to-be intern, but the only thing I could possibly think they could do is help with back pain and therefore help people have more sex when they couldn't before? A massage might relax someone and put them in the mood? :laugh:

It has been awhile since I have looked at this. It's important to remember that IVF cycles are extremely stressful. If I recall, there is some decent evidence that adjuvant counseling, massage, and accupuncture do increase live birth rates during IVF. Of course these are not treatments in and of themselves. If a patient can afford IVF they can clearly afford these other modalities. I don't have a problem with them using relaxation techniques to supplement their treatment.

Good points by the above posters. I guess I should keep an open mind on this.