Any universities still accepting applications?

Fedekz

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Hey,

I've been in a dual enrollment program at my high school for the past two years, and have accumulated about 70 some odd credits (25 from an EMT-Paramedic course) with a GPA of 3.87. I'm applying as a first year student ... I was accepted to a top 20 university; however, I applied to that school in November, and it was the only school I applied to. Things have changed, and the school of my dreams, well, is no longer the school of my dreams - and I really would not like to live in the area. If anyone knows of any schools that accept late .... well very late applications, I would really appreciate it. Location doesn't matter, I'm willing to go anywhere.

And if anyone gets smart, no, I would not like to go to a community college... I've been at one for two years haha :laugh:

schrizto

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
puh puh pitt
Status
Pre-Medical
Er, there are not that many schools that are considering applicants now. The application season is pretty much over and most hs seniors are mulling over which school to send in their deposit to by May 1.

If you really don't want to attend the school in question, reapply elsewhere next cycle. The schools that are considering applicants now aren't worth it, and even if there are any decent ones left, will probably give little financial aid.

Emerica

10+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2009
Status
Hey,

I've been in a dual enrollment program at my high school for the past two years, and have accumulated about 70 some odd credits (25 from an EMT-Paramedic course) with a GPA of 3.87. I'm applying as a first year student ... I was accepted to a top 20 university; however, I applied to that school in November, and it was the only school I applied to. Things have changed, and the school of my dreams, well, is no longer the school of my dreams - and I really would not like to live in the area. If anyone knows of any schools that accept late .... well very late applications, I would really appreciate it. Location doesn't matter, I'm willing to go anywhere.

And if anyone gets smart, no, I would not like to go to a community college... I've been at one for two years haha :laugh:
I think rolling admissions colleges are still accepting apps: check University of Pittsburgh and Loyola University New Orleans. The latter school is definitely accepting applications and gives merit scholarships if your stats are good. Good luck!

schrizto

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
puh puh pitt
Status
Pre-Medical
I think rolling admissions colleges are still accepting apps: check University of Pittsburgh and Loyola University New Orleans. The latter school is definitely accepting applications and gives merit scholarships if your stats are good. Good luck!
Rolling admissions still has some sort of benchmark date for the next incoming class even if it is not explicitly stated. Even if a school was willing to take the OP now, merit awards and FA at rolling admit schools are awarded on a first-come first-served basis. Instead of settling for whatever's available, the OP would be doing himself a HUGE favor by waiting a few months. He doesn't even necessarily have to take a whole year off, he could apply for spring term admission at several schools. This is college, where you will be spending a couple years of your life, so give yourself more options to choose from.

schrizto

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
puh puh pitt
Status
Pre-Medical

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you can't get in somewhere you deem acceptable, I'd just suck it up at wherever you're accepted currently and transfer if you really do hate it. Don't sit around and languish for a year.

Emerica

10+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2009
Status
If you can't get in somewhere you deem acceptable, I'd just suck it up at wherever you're accepted currently and transfer if you really do hate it. Don't sit around and languish for a year.
I concur.