Any UT Austin Reapplicants ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacydoc2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you had reapplied to UT and what the process was. I heard from some people that they did not need to interview again and some who did. Also how long did it take them to get back to you, etc..

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I reapplied with UT this year after interviewing with them last year. I haven't heard a single peep from them and it's driving me crazy. I too would like to know the process they follow.:confused:

I was a reapplicant last year and I had to wait a long time before I heard anything. In May they sent me an email saying that they are unable to reach a decision on my application and wanted my spring grades which they would use at their final meeting to make a decision. I ended up getting a denial letter in June. I have applied again, since I really want to go to this school but have not heard anything from them yet. I had interviewed the first time I applied and was not re-interviewed last year, but I am not sure whether things are done in the same way for all reapplicants. Hope this helps..even though I'm still pretty anxious myself!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a UT re-applicant as well. I actually emailed Dr.Wilcox and he told me that as a re-applicant, some will need to do interviews and some will not, it depends on how your 1st interview went. Basically, if it went well, then there's no need for you to interview again. I'm just curious to know, as
RE-APPLICANTS, when will we hear back from UT? Are they reviewing our application with the 1st to last batch of interviewees or are we be reviewed just last.

I am a reapplicant who recieved an interview last year got rejected and applied again this year. I interviewed at the end of Feb. but have not heard anything back yet. I emailed wilcox before the application was due and he said my interview last year went well. So I don't know why they interviewed me again but they did.

well I guess that means that they look at all the reapplicants individually and they really don't have a fixed process for reapplicants. we just have to wait and pray for the best..good luck to all of you!

Do they send denial letters as an email or as an actual letter?

I don't seem to recall getting an email last year. I think it was a letter in the mail only.

I am a re-applicant for UT's PharmD program. Last year I interviewed in Feb and didn't hear anything back from UT until I called in June. In the summer I met with Dr. Wilcox and specifically asked when re-applicants should expect a response. He said that UT was making changes and that, perhaps, decisions concerning re-applicants would be made in March or April. I have a feeling, though, that very little has changed and realistically don't expect a response until June again.:horns: