Any utility in retaking UWSA1 seven months later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentDoc91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I took UWSA1 for Step 2 CK in March during my third year & unfortunately, I haven’t felt ready to take the exam because I feel like so much is riding on this so I’m still studying for this while doing 4th year electives.

The first time I took it, I scored a 207.

Now, it’s 7 months later & I can’t remember if I went over Form 1 when I did it but today I got a 249 when I did it. When I was taking it, in all honesty, I felt like I only remembered 4-5 questions. For everything else, I was like this is a hard exam & the whole time I felt like I didn’t know anything as per usual. It’s possible that I went over it the last time I took it with a score this high, but I truly don’t remember.

Does anyone have this kind of experience & think there’s any accuracy behind it? Or should I go back to the library & do an NBME instead to see where I’m at? I really don’t want to do form 2 until a week before my exam when I know for sure I’m not pushing the test date back anymore.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As a USMLE tutor, I sometimes recommend redoing an old exam if initially done a while ago. I think this likely represents an encouraging improvement. However, it is hard to say for sure. I would recommend doing some of the available NBMEs. They're not great at predicting your score, but are valuable overall. For example, if you took an NBME and got a 230-240, this would be further evidence your scores have gone up considerably. Best of luck!