Any video series to watch for step 1 x-ray interpretation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coconutlover

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know uworld is helpful but all my xray cards for anking I keep getting wrong cuz I have no idea what they refer too. Xray just looks like bunch of gray to me. Is there a video series I can follow + quick practice questions I can follow up with to solidfy the knowledge?
 
It’s pretty low yield for step 1 and even for step 2 there are a handful of etiologies that you need to know the image for. Best is just to study uworld and nbme and put the X-rays and imaging that comes up onto a card
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Isn't it a useful skill for doctor to know though? When do I learn it? In residency and stuff?
Well there are a lot of things that are useful skills for doctors to know that aren't high yield on step 1. Its a marathon not a sprint and so much is covered on step 1 your time is better spent solidifying high yield information you will def be tested on (x-ray interpretation not being in this bucket). I'm a 3rd year picked up quite a bit on x-ray and CT scans but only because I look at them everyday and even then I'm not even remotely good at truly interpreting them. There's a whole specialty dedicated to that.