Any way to find out before Oct 15?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sluggie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard rumors that some schools will let applicants know earlier on an unofficial basis. Is this through the status pages or by calling the admissions office? Is there any way to know earlier than 10/15?

Members don't see this ad.

I would just wait. I wouldn't want to bug the admissions office, they must be busy enough as it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
EVMS lets you call 2 weeks after you interview to find out about your status, even if it's before Oct 15. But like the others said, I wouldn't bug the admissions offices unless something was specifically said at your interview. 8 days left!

Oh, a friend just reminded me that if the school does a CBC, you'll get an email about it, which might actually precede the acceptance email/letter

Oh, a friend just reminded me that if the school does a CBC, you'll get an email about it, which might actually precede the acceptance email/letter

shhhh, you are gonna make everyone more nervous now

EVMS lets you call 2 weeks after you interview to find out about your status, even if it's before Oct 15. But like the others said, I wouldn't bug the admissions offices unless something was specifically said at your interview. 8 days left!

Getting super nervous. 8 days.

I'm pretty sure schools don't start doing CBCs until later in the year. Or at least that's what some schools have said.

I applied Early Decision to my school. Not only did I get my background check email the morning of Sept 30, and got my letter of acceptance later that day (my mail is realllly slow) but others even got theirs 3-4 days before their letters. That said, direct from AMCAS website, all other applicants get their background checks "at the point of acceptance after January 1st" :confused:. For what its worth...

Background Check Details

Details
Certiphi Screening, Inc. will procure a background report on early decision program applicants at the point of acceptance and all other applicants at the point of acceptance after January 1st. An e-mail will be sent to applicants by Certiphi Screening Inc., at the preferred e-mail address entered in the AMCAS application by the applicant.

And good luck!:luck:

Hmm...interesting. Guess I'll return to my previous answer: Divine Revelation. lol

well, UVM was SUPPOSED to let us know last week...

Members don't see this ad :)
The 15th is going to be the worst for us waiting to hear from Vandy. Ominous...evening...phonecall...

So, if a certain school only snail mails notifications on the 15th (not emails), do you think it'd be a bad idea for my impatient self to pick up the phone and give admissions a call that afternoon? Thoughts?

So, if a certain school only snail mails notifications on the 15th (not emails), do you think it'd be a bad idea for my impatient self to pick up the phone and give admissions a call that afternoon? Thoughts?

thats gutsy, i dont know if i could do it

I'm pretty sure schools don't start doing CBCs until later in the year. Or at least that's what some schools have said.

Last year, I got a background check request on Oct 20th. I don't remember exactly when I got accepted, but it was very close to that day. So if it hasn't changed from last year, at least some schools (including one you'll be getting into soon ksmi) will do CBCs early. However, it may have changed.

Last year, I got a background check request on Oct 20th. I don't remember exactly when I got accepted, but it was very close to that day. So if it hasn't changed from last year, at least some schools (including one you'll be getting into soon ksmi) will do CBCs early. However, it may have changed.

Aww, you're too nice to me, sleepy. Hope school is going well. It's got to be better than the game today. :(

Aww, you're too nice to me, sleepy. Hope school is going well. It's got to be better than the game today. :(

It was pretty frustrating, but honestly, we're pretty lousy on offense.

Weren't a lot of med schools upset last year because the applicants got background check e-mails before official acceptances? They probably resolved that issue... no?

A bad idea, as in that it might affect your admissions decision? No. Bad idea, as in it is socially impolite and probably a bit annoying for the admissions folk (who will probably tell you to wait for them mail and that they can't tell you anything over the phone)? Yes.

A bad idea, as in that it might affect your admissions decision? No. Bad idea, as in it is socially impolite and probably a bit annoying for the admissions folk (who will probably tell you to wait for them mail and that they can't tell you anything over the phone)? Yes.

Ha, there's no way I'd actually have the guts to do that...it was just a fleeting thought that I'd share to get others' responses. I'm too much of a chicken and a lady to do that. lol I couldn't even imagine what words I would muster if I did make it so far to pick up a phone and dial the number on the card they gave me, lol. However, I could imagine a few of these uptight, anal-retentive SDNers doing so with ease...

I recall that last year many people got the CBC request before the acceptance...seemed like a glitch, so maybe it got fixed this year.