• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Any word from BU or NYU?!

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2005
NYC
  1. Dental Student
    Tracy47 said:
    Who says these schools are easy to get into? I haven't heard anything from them and my app has been under review for a while. Making me worried. :mad:

AADSAS mailed out my app on 9/26 and I've been under review since then. As long as I get an acceptance I'm happy :laugh: Hang in there!! :) :thumbup:

Jen

r0entgen

10+ Year Member
    Apr 5, 2005
      alfie5884 said:
      AADSAS mailed out my app on 9/26 and I've been under review since then. As long as I get an acceptance I'm happy :laugh: Hang in there!! :) :thumbup:

Jen

aadsas sent mine out in july and i'm still under review for nyu.

keep in mind, they do accept without need for interviewing..

About the Ads

pbure

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Aug 22, 2004
      Canada
        r0entgen said:
        aadsas sent mine out in july and i'm still under review for nyu.

keep in mind, they do accept without need for interviewing..

my aadsas was sent out august 4th..still havn't heard anything. so weird since i finished interviewing at columbia and case.
        havn't heard from tufts either.

LadyxJC

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 17, 2004
          I have no idea what the deal is with NYU... they sent me the same letter 3 times over the course of 3 months since my application has been complete in August. I got the most recent one last week, basically saying my application is under review for possible admission without an interview.

Catfish

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          May 11, 2005
          1. Dental Student
            LadyxJC said:
            I have no idea what the deal is with NYU... they sent me the same letter 3 times over the course of 3 months since my application has been complete in August. I got the most recent one last week, basically saying my application is under review for possible admission without an interview.

I get the interview invite in mail today from NYU, finally. This is the second letter I've got in 3 months besides the one said "under review." Not very excited about this. I was hoping to be one of those lucky SDNer's who would got accepted without intervew. well, guess I'm not that good. I haven't schedule my interview yet, said to call them before nxt Wed. Hopefully I don't have to go to the interview if get some other letters in Dec. :)

r0entgen

10+ Year Member
            Apr 5, 2005
              LadyxJC said:

they sent you the same letter three times? that's so lame...doesn't make me want to go to this school at all...good thing it's my backup..hopefully they won't send me an invite..

howui3

1K Member
              10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Aug 8, 2005
              CA
                BU: they invited me for an interview and i rescheduled for the region one in Feb.

NYU: no word! I called and confirmed that my file is complete. they have not cashed my check and i have heard nothing from them.

Catfish

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                May 11, 2005
                1. Dental Student
                  grmaster1 said:
                  You applied all over--it's gonna be rough to choose if you get a lot of acceptances...

Hopefully I get choices :) Yeah, I applied all over, had no idea about the interviews, thought it would kill me, but didn't. I should've joined SDN earlier so I wouldn't apply to so many schools, save some $$$. Lots schools I knew I wouldn't want to go for sure but only applied to be safe.

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.