any word from Loma Linda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

creative8401

Im Anush Hayastan
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, for those that interviewed in November, have you heard anything from Loma Linda, its taking so long to hear from them, i know for those that interviewed in january, theyre gonna hear probably in March, latest April, but seems kind of a long time to hear post-interview since November, thnx

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed late Nov. but no response yet.

if u check predents.com, u can check the time frame for those that got interviewed/offered made.

one person's interview was Dec 18th, and they just got accepted. i don't think they will send out rejections until class is full, unless u REALLY bombed the interview. some with interviews were rejected already.

thnx for the reply, ya its hard to tell what theyre doing or how long it takes them to make a decision, i called them last week, "the committee is still reviewing"

also, i asked the person i was speaking with what the "application complete" means on aadsas, like why does it go from "invited for interview" to "application complete" and she said that "it is a default messaging used for everyone" - i saw a thread about this a while back so just wanted to let everyone know what that lady told me

if anyone else has ny news, keep us updated, latz

Members don't see this ad :)
I called LLU today. They claim to update AADSAS prior to any letter being sent out, so I would keep checking that in the meantime.

thnx for the reply lemoncurry, from a previous posting i found out that Dr.Kasischke had told a student that only by snail mail will you find out the committee's decision, but they told you that aadsas will be updated first, i dont know its frustrating how they tell students different things....

this is coming from a previous post by brandonbraud
"I tried emailing Dr. Kasischke again, and this time I got a prompt response.....He wrote back and said the adcom committee just came back from break last monday, and are reviewing files and will be mailing letters, this is the ONLY way they notify you of an acceptance."

Heres the URL to the thread for those interested: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=483811

Yeah, I just called the admission office and someone there verified that first aadsas updates and then a letter is generated. I'm assuming that second round of letters have been sent out, but can anyone verify this?

Thanks for the update, looks like we're back to the AADSAS Status page checking it every 5 minutes...although I don't know if the second round of acceptances are sent out entirely; again I don't know how they're doing this. I think a lot of people are frustrated since quite a few are waiting since October/November. On predents, there are only two additions for those "accepted" in January. Keep us updated if anyone hears...thnx.

I don't know if this helps, but I interviewed on the 10th of January, and received an acceptance around the 18th or 19th.

I interviewed with Dr. K, and he also told me that the only method LLU uses to contact students is snail mail. However, the AADSAS website did updated before I received my letter.

Hi. Will you please share your stats with us if you don't mind, and whether you are an SDA or not? Thank you.

i interviewed around thanksgiving time and i still have not heard back...do the let you know if you have been rejected?

I interviewed the day before thanksgiving, and I have yet to hear back myself. The professor who interviewed me said I should hear something around Jan. 15th, but this obviously hasn't happened. I wonder how often the admission committee meets, and how many acceptances they send out at a given time?

i interviewed the week after thanksgiving and still nothing, i was told that i should hear around jan 15th but still nothing, i have no clue what they're doing, and how is it that the ppl who interviewed after us get replies earlier, Dr. K told me that the applications are reviewed in order of interview date, and status is sent out, what in the world are they doing!

the admissions office says one thing, interview person another, admissions coordinator something else!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed the week after thanksgiving and still nothing, i was told that i should hear around jan 15th but still nothing, i have no clue what they're doing, and how is it that the ppl who interviewed after us get replies earlier, Dr. K told me that the applications are reviewed in order of interview date, and status is sent out, what in the world are they doing!

the admissions office says one thing, interview person another, admissions coordinator something else!!

I interviewed there on Sep. 10th, which was one of their first interview days. I still haven't heard anything. It obviously means I am not getting in there, but still they haven't let me know anything at all yet.

just be patient. i feel like loma linda is a little unique and that their schedule is a little weird. they dont seem to operate according to the same schedules as other schools.

i had a really early interview date too and haven't heard anything yet. no idea what's going on.

In a previous post, someone mentioned that the admissions committee convened again only a week or two prior, and go through ~10 applications per week. I don't know how many people were interviewed so far this application cycle, but it could explain why many people haven't heard back yet. Congrats to the people that have though.

hey "Tryin2bepatient" and "Montserrat", I was wondering where you two were, I remember reading a thread a while back about Loma Linda with your posts, I hadn't seen your replies so I thought you two were accepted, but after all this time, wow it's really surprising, what I'm surprised is that if we're rejected, why dont they tell us, why do they have to wait such a long time? so many questions, but anyways thanks for your replies, gluck to all, lets keep our fingers crossed we never know, latz

hey "Tryin2bepatient" and "Montserrat", I was wondering where you two were, I remember reading a thread a while back about Loma Linda with your posts, I hadn't seen your replies so I thought you two were accepted, but after all this time, wow it's really surprising, what I'm surprised is that if we're rejected, why dont they tell us, why do they have to wait such a long time? so many questions, but anyways thanks for your replies, gluck to all, lets keep our fingers crossed we never know, latz

No, not accepted. Well, not yet anyhow. We're in good company though, because many people haven't heard back yet. I don't think you should assume that their delayed response means you've been rejected. As seemingly arbitrary as this entire ordeal of applications and interviews has been, the only thing I am certain of is that it's only game over when you have the rejection letter in hand.

I wouldn't stress out too much about this place. Hope for another school that doesn't cost as much. I honestly don't believe the quality of education there is worth the price tag, and I"m not saying this because I just burnt 5 years of life attending adventist universities for the sole purpose of helping me get in this place and that didn't help me one iota. Maybe they will let me in, maybe not, but waiting this long is too much for me. I have several friends that live there and go to the dental and med school and they say they hate living there, but like the school. Also you have to adapt to our weird adventist ways or you won't fit in. Anyway good luck I would re-iterate stressing about this place is not worth your time or trouble.

yea, same boat there...not accepted or rejected yet. who knows? i've kinda given up since the wait seems to be endless...

**Update**
Hey ppl, hope everyone had a nice weekend, I called Loma Linda this afternoon and asked about my file...reply was the usual.

I also asked "why does it take a long time to get a reply and if it usually means a rejection?"

She told me that NO it does not mean a rejection, she said that they interview somewhere between 300-400 students per cycle, and that if a decision is made about you, they will notify you right away. She also said that if a student is declined, the committee will not wait, but will post it immediately on the status page.

I also asked why students interviewed in January got replies earlier than those from October/November?

She said the the files are not reviewed in order of interview date, such as those from October being reviewed first, then November, etc. She said that "it could mean they started in the middle of the pile, or that your file was perhaps put on hold pending decision from other students. Once we get a decision, it goes on AADSAS first, which causes a letter to be sent afterwards."

So, this addresses some of our concerns, hope it helps kill the stress a little...

**Update**
Hey ppl, hope everyone had a nice weekend, I called Loma Linda this afternoon and asked about my file...reply was the usual.

I also asked "why does it take a long time to get a reply and if it usually means a rejection?"

She told me that NO it does not mean a rejection, she said that they interview somewhere between 300-400 students per cycle, and that if a decision is made about you, they will notify you right away. She also said that if a student is declined, the committee will not wait, but will post it immediately on the status page.

I also asked why students interviewed in January got replies earlier than those from October/November?

She said the the files are not reviewed in order of interview date, such as those from October being reviewed first, then November, etc. She said that "it could mean they started in the middle of the pile, or that your file was perhaps put on hold pending decision from other students. Once we get a decision, it goes on AADSAS first, which causes a letter to be sent afterwards."

So, this addresses some of our concerns, hope it helps kill the stress a little...

Thats what they told me also,,,, she said that they are sending rejection letters as well as acceptance, so if you are not hearing anything yet, that means you are still in the game,,,,,

Anyone get any news good or bad lately?

nope, not here, its very frustrating now from my interview date, its pushing to 2+ months,

as they like to put it, "we're workin very hard"

what's weird too is that i spoke with some friends who've recently interviewed, and no one knows or has been informed about the number of seats of available, but i guess they're workin sooooo hard they've forgot to count the number of seats too, lol, nyways if nyone has ny news on this let us know

aite ppl, aadsas is closed, cycle is down, grab the snacks n' non-alcholic drinks, lets all enjoy the football weekend (or the commercials if footballs not for you) let the best team win

I received my acceptance letter a while back and I interviewed 10/31. I was not aware that they were taking so long to respond to other applicants- yet I am not aware how many acceptances were sent/seats left/etc. I do not think I will be accepting the offer, I wish the rest of you the best of luck!

I am officially withdrawing my acceptance and wish you guys the best. Good Luck to you all!

Thanks!!!!!!! best of lucks to you too....

hey everybody! just wondering if anybody got any news from Loma Linda lately, I phoned them last week and was told that they had setup a meeting with the dean about getting results out to us post-interview much faster, but i dont know if this has happened

Creative, thanks for the update, but currently I have heard a whole lot of nothing.

I interviewed mid november and haven't heard anything back either. Is it just the november interviews?

i'm a little unclear myself, although from my understanding there are ppl from october that still havent heard anything either

i interviewed in november also

ya,, I had my interview early Oct. and i have not heard a thing,,,,,,,,its killing me,,,,

Just checked AADSAS and it says Offer made :D

Not sure if I will accept it, based on what VCU has to say, but at least I have an option!

WOO-freakin'-HOO!!

Congrats. Checked my AADSAS and found out I got denied. However, I received an acceptance to Columbia to complete the roller coaster of emotions. Mixed feelings but what the heck, screw them, I'm going to D-school !

i got denied too. i'm sad.

hi everyone, just wanted to ask if after the update they did (in feb) has anyone heard anything else since then? also does anyone know how many seats are available? share the news much appreciated thnx

Called in to LLU yesterday just to bug them. Cindy (the only person in the office I ever talk to) said that all she is told is that the committee is trying to finish everything by the end of March. I don't know what is meant by "finish everything," but I doubt Cindy knew either. Sounds like those of us who have been waiting may hear something soon. How great would that be? I interviewed in early Dec and was told I would probably hear within a month.

I just got accepted today!

Congrats to all who got in!...I however just got the axe from LLU after interviewing a while back. Were there different letters being sent out? Rejections, Acceptances ..what about waitlists?

I got my rejection letter a few weeks ago, but congrats to all those that made it!

I received notification Saturday that I am an alternate at Loma Linda. Does anyone have any good knowledge about what an alternate's chances are of getting in to LLU?

as an alternate last year, i can tell you there was no movement whatsoever. I don't say this to get your hopes down or anything, just telling the truth. Every year is different, however. Maybe there will be a fair amount of movement this year. Best of luck!

i will be joining the LLU class of 2012 also! i received a phone call last friday from LLU with the good news :p

I wanted to give you all a heads up that upon careful consideration, I will be withdrawing my acceptance to Loma Linda. So, for those on the alt. list, don't lose hope. Good luck to those still waiting, and congrats to the entering class!