Loma Linda University (LLU) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
just submitted a primary application today, anyone has done primary yet?

just submitted a primary application today, anyone has done primary yet?
I submitted 7/29, AADSAS shows decision status as "none." However they've received all my materials, and I've confirmed that via phone with the admissions dept. Nothing on LLU's specific portal either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 7/29, AADSAS shows decision status as "none." However they've received all my materials, and I've confirmed that via phone with the admissions dept. Nothing on LLU's specific portal either.
How bout now?

Has anyone heard back in the recent weeks from Loma Linda that applied early?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email that my application is in the review stage. Does everyone get that email?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4
School: Loma Linda
Notification date: 10/28
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-State
ADEA ADDSAS mail-out date: 08/04/22
Application complete date: 08/04/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 26/25/20/28, no
Interview date: 11/16 (there's multiple dates to choose from)
Method of interview: In-person or zoom; one-on-one interview I think

Interview #4
School: Loma Linda
Notification date: 10/28
Residency: In-State
ADEA ADDSAS mail-out date: 08/04/22
Application complete date: 08/04/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 26/25/20/28, no
Interview date: 11/16 (there's multiple dates to choose from)
Method of interview: In-person or zoom; one-on-one interview I think
Congratulations!! Amazing stats! When did you get the email that your app moved to the review process?

Rejection #2
School: LLu
Notification Date: 11/10/22
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/29/22
App Complete Date: 10/1/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 science, 3.6 overall
DAT: 19 AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT, 19 QR, 20 RC

• Care
Got the call earlier today!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Got the call at 4:30 PM! I was losing hope...

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, I got accepted earlier and I was wondering if there was a facebook/chat group for this incoming year? Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
I got invited for an interview last week and was told to call the office, but I’ve been having trouble contacting them, has anyone had this same issue?

I just received an interview invite today!

Hello, I got accepted earlier and I was wondering if there was a facebook/chat group for this incoming year? Thanks
Someone in your class is going to have to make one; C/O 2026's facebook page wasn't made until March or so of last year by a classmate.

I got invited for an interview last week and was told to call the office, but I’ve been having trouble contacting them, has anyone had this same issue?
What issues did you have with contacting the office?

I got an interview invitation, but why is this thread so quiet? Is this one of few schools that people avoid? if it is, can anyone share why

I got an interview invitation, but why is this thread so quiet? Is this one of few schools that people avoid? if it is, can anyone share why
I don’t think they necessarily avoid Loma but it could be because of lomas letter requirement that people don’t apply. Having to get a spiritual leader to write you one is maybe not on the top of people’s lists. From my perspective I’m not crazy religious and as a scientist it makes me question religion, so I’m less inclined to follow the faith, which makes me less inclined to ask a spiritual leader for a letter. Loma also incorporates faith into their learning, which some applicants may not want to partake in.

An upside though is I’m sure their outreach is extensive and provides their students with plenty of opportunities to serve the underprivileged. Which would be great for those looking into treating patients in underserved populations after graduation.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah it's a good school, but there's nothing that excites me about attending LLU. Clinical education is great and the faith integration is unique. Everyone is super friendly and collaborative. Like Ryxndek said, I think less people apply bc of the spiritual component, and consequently less people use this thread. I think the letter is a turn off bc it's extra work... it weeds out the people who don't care that much about LLU and the "lazy" people - from an admissions standpoint, I think that's a good thing tho.

But to speak more about why nothing excites me about attending LLU: (1) It's by Riverside. Riverside isn't an exciting place to live imo, and other schools I've interviewed at are in more interesting areas. (2) It's not cheap. (3) The name isn't really that prestigious.

I'm from SoCal and have spent my whole life here. I want to branch out, and the only thing that would keep me in SoCal is if a cheap SoCal school accepted me or if no other schools accepted me. I'd choose LLU over WesternU, California Northstate, and USC. But I wouldn't choose it over UCLA, UCSF, and UoP.

I really enjoyed my interview and the students I interacted with at LLU. It's not a bad school, it's not a great school - it's a solid school. It is not one of the few d-schools you ought to avoid. I would go there for sure, but I got into a school that fits my goals better. Lemme know if you have any questions about the interview. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Nah it's a good school, but there's nothing that excites me about attending LLU. Clinical education is great and the faith integration is unique. Everyone is super friendly and collaborative. Like Ryxndek said, I think less people apply bc of the spiritual component, and consequently less people use this thread. I think the letter is a turn off bc it's extra work... it weeds out the people who don't care that much about LLU and the "lazy" people - from an admissions standpoint, I think that's a good thing tho.

But to speak more about why nothing excites me about attending LLU: (1) It's by Riverside. Riverside isn't an exciting place to live imo, and other schools I've interviewed at are in more interesting areas. (2) It's not cheap. (3) The name isn't really that prestigious.

I'm from SoCal and have spent my whole life here. I want to branch out, and the only thing that would keep me in SoCal is if a cheap SoCal school accepted me or if no other schools accepted me. I'd choose LLU over WesternU, California Northstate, and USC. But I wouldn't choose it over UCLA, UCSF, and UoP.

I really enjoyed my interview and the students I interacted with at LLU. It's not a bad school, it's not a great school - it's a solid school. It is not one of the few d-schools you ought to avoid. I would go there for sure, but I got into a school that fits my goals better. Lemme know if you have any questions about the interview. Good luck!
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I'm OOS so I am basically going wherever they take me. My interview is soon, I hope they don't ask too many questions related to Christianity.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I'm OOS so I am basically going wherever they take me. My interview is soon, I hope they don't ask too many questions related to Christianity.
I interviewed last week, it was pretty relaxed in my opinion but the interviewer did ask some questions about my religion and we spoke some time about that so just be prepared with your answers :) they also asked me about family!

I interviewed last week, it was pretty relaxed in my opinion but the interviewer did ask some questions about my religion and we spoke some time about that so just be prepared with your answers :) they also asked me about family!
Thank you! I expect they will ask about my belief, but they don't ask religion-specific questions that require any knowledge right? lol

Thank you! I expect they will ask about my belief, but they don't ask religion-specific questions that require any knowledge right? lol
You could just talk about how you don't know that much about SDA and Christianity, but you respect and appreciate how the religious values align with your personal value of service. And you think that attending this school would be a good fit bc you share those values re: service and are always interested in learning more about the values of compassion, service, empathy, etc... all of which are Christian values and values the school likes.

You could just talk about how you don't know that much about SDA and Christianity, but you respect and appreciate how the religious values align with your personal value of service. And you think that attending this school would be a good fit bc you share those values re: service and are always interested in learning more about the values of compassion, service, empathy, etc... all of which are Christian values and values the school likes.
I appreciate it thank you. By the way does anyone know if attending the Mass is required every week?

I appreciate it thank you. By the way does anyone know if attending the Mass is required every week?
1 weekly chapel is the mandatory requirement. You have to do it. Now whether or not you pay attention doesn't matter. A student I spoke to said he just pulls out his iPad and studies in the back.