Any word from UHCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optogirl2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just was wondering if anyone has heard ANYthing from UHCO yet? The only contact I've had with them is when they lost my transcripts TWICE back in Aug/Sept and since then it's been completely silent. I've already had interviews and been accepted to other schools so it just seems odd that I haven't heard from UHCO yet. I've tried calling the admissions office and left a message but no one returned my call. I also emailed them once and received no reply. It is seriously making me question the competency of this school if they can't even reply to an email, and the fact that it is taking SO long to hear anything from them makes me feel they're unorganized. I mean, maybe I didn't qualify for an interview, but they could at least let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

optogirl2010 said:
I just was wondering if anyone has heard ANYthing from UHCO yet? The only contact I've had with them is when they lost my transcripts TWICE back in Aug/Sept and since then it's been completely silent. I've already had interviews and been accepted to other schools so it just seems odd that I haven't heard from UHCO yet. I've tried calling the admissions office and left a message but no one returned my call. I also emailed them once and received no reply. It is seriously making me question the competency of this school if they can't even reply to an email, and the fact that it is taking SO long to hear anything from them makes me feel they're unorganized. I mean, maybe I didn't qualify for an interview, but they could at least let me know.

i submitted my application 2 weeks ago, and i just recieved their application checklist letting me know they recieved everything. have you gotten this?

how long ago did you apply?

tnn said:
i submitted my application 2 weeks ago, and i just recieved their application checklist letting me know they recieved everything. have you gotten this?

how long ago did you apply?

Yes, I received the checklist too back in August. I applied around the middle of August. That is how I knew that they were missing my transcripts the first time. I thought the disorganization might have been due to the hurricane because they lost my transcripts TWICE. However, things were eventually located and my application has been complete since mid September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am also having the same issue. I thought I was the only one but I am glad to hear that I am not. I have also left messages and tried to contact them via email. I wonder what is going on? I wish they would let me know something as well. I completed my application back at the beginning of September. What other schools are you applying to? I applied to ICO and UHCO and NOVA. I think everyone is backed-up-I heard apps are up from last year.

I'm one more to add to the list. I made my transcript request back in August. I did not know that my transcript was not "received" until I received their status update letter. I found that a bit odd since all of the other schools did receive my transcript. I'm certain that the admissions office lost my transcripts. I did reach an admissions person via phone after 2 weeks of calls and emails. She insisted that my transcript was not received.

UHCO is notoriously slow on getting out the interview invites. I applied in August and didn't get my invite until January. And, don't judge the school by the admissions office.. they're notoriously unhelpful. (Except for the admissions Dean Dr. Shulman.. he's one of my favorite profs)

cpw said:
UHCO is notoriously slow on getting out the interview invites. I applied in August and didn't get my invite until January. And, don't judge the school by the admissions office.. they're notoriously unhelpful. (Except for the admissions Dean Dr. Shulman.. he's one of my favorite profs)

True as that is, and as much as I would like not to judge UHCO on their admissions...I can't help but think it is a reflection of the school. Furthermore, if their admissions office is notorious for being unhelpful and unfriendly, then I would hope the college would want to do something about that (a.k.a. staff turnover, goodbye Ana Lopez, etc). First impressions are important. A bad admissions staff and a poorly organized process equals a very bad impression indeed for prospective students who wish everyone could be as organized as SCCO. I really was interested in UHCO, but I do have to admit this has dampened my enthusiasm. I still believe it is a great school in every other aspect. However when trying to create great professional healthcare providers, what kind of testimony is it when you can't even provide a professional admissions officer?

I know what you're saying... if I had to go based solely on admissions staff I would have gone to SCCO, too ;) But, I'd be paying back TWICE what I'm paying now in student loans... (which kicked in this month *sigh*)

optogirl2010 said:
True as that is, and as much as I would like not to judge UHCO on their admissions...I can't help but think it is a reflection of the school. Furthermore, if their admissions office is notorious for being unhelpful and unfriendly, then I would hope the college would want to do something about that (a.k.a. staff turnover, goodbye Ana Lopez, etc). First impressions are important. A bad admissions staff and a poorly organized process equals a very bad impression indeed for prospective students who wish everyone could be as organized as SCCO. I really was interested in UHCO, but I do have to admit this has dampened my enthusiasm. I still believe it is a great school in every other aspect. However when trying to create great professional healthcare providers, what kind of testimony is it when you can't even provide a professional admissions officer?
You've got it ALL wrong. UHCO is one DAMN tuff school and even tuffer to get in. They have to want you..not vice-versa. Sorry..but it is the truth. The admissions staff..yes they suck. Even worse...the financial aid office. Do your own research...Lupe was basically a waste of time to get info out of. DAMN THEM!!!! But if you get in..oh the education you will recieve. It will take 10-15 years off your life..but damn-it, you'll be a smarty..or maybe just a smart-ass like me. :cool: seriously..don't sweat it. They are slow but you will hear from them eventually, good or bad.

Got my interview offer after all, but turned it down. Thanks for the insight everyone.

optogirl2010 said:
Got my interview offer after all, but turned it down. Thanks for the insight everyone.

So where are you going then?

I also liked the SCCO admissions staff. They were very nice in their emails and on the phone. Funny, when I called them for an interview they didn't ask who i was until after they gave me all the information and set up a date.. just thought that was odd (since all the other schools asked me who I was first before they told me anything). ICO admissions staff is also very nice, but the committee was very slow getting back to me after my interview.