Any Yale Students Here? HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an interview at Yale, so i'm doing my research...

Yale has one of the most interesting web-sites. And their
unique "Yale System" is just that.. unique. But I'm curious what matriculants really think about it? And coupled with the crappy area.. how's life going?

I heard the facilities are lacking, but then again they're building some new biomed building (anyone know when it's due to be finished?).

Of course... Yale is an IVY League school... and just saying you went to yale to the average layperson, and even most med matriculants sounds really impressive... more so than The University of Michigan or even maybe Duke - even though those two are technically ranked higher in research medicine on USNEWS.

Of course, you shouldn't go to medical school based on how impressive the name sounds - obviously. Rather, you should go where you're happy.

So those of you at Yale.. are you happy? Do you slack since you're given SO MUCH freedom? Those of you that interviewd... and didn't go.. whY?

kreno

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a motivated learner, than Yale is for you. My friends who graduated from Yale did well and love it. One of the orthopedics residents here is from Yale. He enjoyed the freedom. He also did very well because he's an outstanding student and physician.

In my opinion, I think the name helps when you later apply for residencies. You don't hear too many Yale grads not getting their top choice residency.

Congrats on the interview and good luck!

Yeah sorry about that double post... was an accident. Please refer to the other post Random so kindly refers us to.