Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not bitter about anything. The bottom line is almost no one uses it and yet everyone is forced to spend hundreds of hours on it. That doesn't make any sense. It should be an elective. Essentially all other education works that way in other fields.But why not just have doctors who know a little PT? Like what are you so bitter about? If anything you can bill for it and make even more money ( not the reason why you should do it but it's even prgamatic in that way).
Yes to all of this! Makes me proud to be a DO student. Yes, some of OMM is fluff, but the neck/back pain and headache stuff is real!
I had chronic tension headaches as a teen ( pretty much still do, but they are more managable). They were so bad when I was 16 that I literally thought they would ruin my life...sometimes I think about what a little OMM may have done. ( I actually mentioned this HA thing in one of my secondaries lol).