anybody for University of Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minoos

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I recently got accepted to university of Maryland(4months after my interview!).I was wondering any body else on this forum who got accepted to U of MD, and if they will attend the school this fall?. Also what is your idea about U of MD?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there in mid February and still haven't heard from them. I got the impression they were too clinical, which isn't for me. I need to know what I'm doing well, before I do it.
Everybody seemed really relaxed there in comparison to other schools. So if you're not planning on specializing it seemed like a nice experience. Although, the student who interviewed me had matched in an ortho residency.

But I won't be going there, I'm headed to Penn.
Good luck deciding.

I will be attending U of MD in the fall. Ithought the atmosphere of the school was great. Everyone there seemed friendly and relaxed. It seemed as though everyone knew everyone else. MD has always been known as a great clinical school. If you are looking for good clinical experience IMO it is the place to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
How can you tell that U of MD is more clinical and place less stress on specializing? Does U Penn encourage students to specialize and have a good record of placing students into their desired specialty?

Hey Moe, (Or anyone else going to MD)
Have you found housing yet? I'm not going to maryland for sure but just in case i want to start searching for apartments. Have you heard anything about the atrium? When do you plan on moving?

good luck w/ everything and maybe i'll see you this august:D

jayjay, I don't know anything about the atrium. I have put my name on the waiting list at the greenehouse, sail cloth factory, and the marlboro classic apts. All three of these places are within three blocks of the dental school. All of these places have websites if you wanted to take a look at them. If your are considering U of MD seriously, I would definitely get your name on the lists as soons as possible. Everywhere seemed to indicate that their lists were starting to fill up. I am hoping to move in July, so that I can get settled in before school starts. Hope this helps and maybe I will see you come August.

Moe, thanks for the info. Did you already fill out all the applications with the $35 app fee? Man...this could get very expensive.. Hopefully i'll be able to go out there soon to see them in person. thanks again!

Yes, I already paid the $35 fees. I only had to pay it twice though. Sail Cloth Factory and Greenehouse are owned by the same management company, so you only have to pay the fee one time. If you are going to get on the list, make sure you ask about paying the fee only one time when you call either of the places for the info packets.

For those that are going to University of MD are you from MD? I heard that they do not admit many out of staters.

The stats sheet from last year showed that approximately 50% of the incoming class was from out of state. They definitley give preference to in state applicants but they also accept alot of out of state applicants as well.