anybody from Chicago?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ntpd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys! I am a 26 y.o. female pharmacist that just moved to Chicago from California with my boyfriend, and I was wondering if anybody was interested in getting together for a cup of coffee or cocktails. We are pharmacists or pharmacy students - so much to discuss! Maybe somebody is new to town, like me! And where is the best way to find friend-professionals? Here!
Shoot me an email, if u want to share a laugh and just socialize. We can meet downtown Chicago and share some experiences...
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm probably one of the closest to you and I live in Milwaukee, now. Sigh, not a lot of jobs in the Chicago area.

I would totally chill out if I were still there. I went to RX school in FL and kinda got stuck here. I have been trying to come back but there are no rx jobs for my wife and I. This career is SAD.

Members don't see this ad :)
look up the Illinois Society of Health System Pharmacists or whatever it is - there is a New PRactitioners group going to the Cubs game on Tuesday.

i will be in chicago soon.

Next week, the Wisconsin State Fair will start. It is an easy trip from Chicago. It is a straight shot on 94/41. There is always an Illinois day, and on that day, you can get discounted tickets with an Illinois driver's license/state id. People are already excited about getting the Cream Puffs and fried cheese curds.

no idea which port.

east coast? east coast sux yo.

do it. flip the house for a profit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas is hardly big enough for you, mikey, mountain and myself and you want to add a 5th person to that mix?? I guess we don't have anyone in El Paso...she can move there

I have to pass the law test first. I got my ATT today...exactly 2.5 weeks after sending them my papers. It usually takes 6 weeks. I apparently was able to scold them into submission somehow.

Oh, and if anybody wants to email me some of the questions they were asked at the exam, I would NEVER want to know any such information. It's is against the TOS of SDN, of which I would NEVER break. Don't email me everything you remember. Nope. Don't. Ever. Mmmhmm.

3263734923_e785673020.jpg

You did what?????

You never ever contact the board to get them to hurry up. You wanna get blackballed by the great TX Board of Pharmacy????

Are you crazy????

:smuggrin:

Texas is hardly big enough for you, mikey, mountain and myself and you want to add a 5th person to that mix?? I guess we don't have anyone in El Paso...she can move there

You're right.. I wasn't thinking.

Yeah...El Paso... or maybe Harlingen. Or West Texas...Midland/Odessa area..

NJAC, thank you for the suggestion about Cubs game on Tuesdays.

As far as jobs market: it's pretty bad in Chicago... And I am shocked with labor laws... 10-14 hour shifts, and u don't have a right to an UNinterrupted break... WOW! I work for CVS, and I have my set time to come in, like 8am to-2pm. And if I had to stay for 15-20 minutes to take care of a customer, CVS does not pay me. It's my problem that I stayed... I try not to stay, other pharmacists stay between 15 min and 1 hour... WOW!
In California if u work over 8 hours, you get time and a half of your hourly wage, if u work over 12 hours - it's double time.
I am pretty surprised with pharmacist job market here in CHicago... I heard it wasn't like this 2 years ago...

I am from Chicago. Let me know if you end up putting something together.

well dang, we should just set up a SDN get together!

dont be stalking on me when im in town either.

schedule is not set yet but most likely within 3 weeks.
im dreading midyear...good lawd anaheim??????

schedule is not set yet but most likely within 3 weeks.
im dreading midyear...good lawd anaheim??????

I'm so happy I will not be forced to go to Midyear this year. Worst meeting, worst location...

this trip is different. no pnt. and y know...doctors dont play golf anymore...

I know, I'm sad it's in Anaheim.

But this year I get to find a job!

job? you know there are no jobs..

whats with this constant rain in arizona in july?

mmmm east coast couldnt handle me....i was too much for em.

figures....3rd world country east coast is

yeah you should go to juarez...arent you from mexico?

whats with this constant rain in arizona in july?

We had a bad flood last week. Many streets were completely flooded out and one corner had a bad sinkhole. Our corner was flooded out. Our parking lot due to the fact it was constructed one foot above street level was one of the few dry areas. The lot has never been so full. Fortunately by the time I left, the waters had receded.

i dont do bars... I10 doing 70.

chicago is 3rd world country also?