Anybody from SDM Dharwad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubberdam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there are any SDN members who had graduated from SDM Dharwad.

Members don't see this ad.

oh yes you will find plenty :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i agree with our respected moderator sahib :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
dentistjas said:
oh yes you will find plenty :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i agree with are respected moderator sahib :idea:

I am from the batch of 98'. I'm not looking for any particular number.

hi i m from SDM Dharwad...feels gud see the name of ur school ...98 batch..well i m 99....
rubberdam said:
I am from the batch of 98'. I'm not looking for any particular number.

well friends count me in....Me SDMite too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So rubberdam you are my senior. :D

dentistjas said:
well friends count me in....Me SDMite too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So rubberdam you are my senior. :D

Nice to know that there are atleast three SDMites who are members of SDN. Panchhi ,... If ur from 99' batch are praful bali etc ur batchmates. Dentisjas u di'nt mention ur batch.

oops sorry i missed that....99 batch.....no praful bali in our batch. right panchii?

yep,no praful bali..and since we all were together for 5 yrs we wud have definitely remembered.. :laugh:
hey rubberdam..when did u graduate..i read one of ur post and u seem to have quite a lot of work expereience..hwo is it possible sicne u were jsut one year senior to us...
dentistjas said:
oops sorry i missed that....99 batch.....no praful bali in our batch. right panchii?

cometo think fo it..i think every school might be havign one sdm ite.. :)
dentistjas said:

panchhi said:
cometo think fo it..i think every school might be havign one sdm ite.. :)

I had joined BDS in 93' and graduated in 98'. I think there was a misunderstanding there. I am sure you know Chetan Jayade and Anand Tavargere ...they were my batchmates.

yep big confusion..we started in 99... :laugh: and ofcourse we know Dr. Jayade and Dr. Tavargere..they taught us..
rubberdam said:
I had joined BDS in 93' and graduated in 98'. I think there was a misunderstanding there. I am sure you know Chetan Jayade and Anand Tavargere ...they were my batchmates.

Oh ok Dr Jayade and Dr Tavargari taught our class.
Infact Chetan sir even did my ortho :D
Are you still in touch with them?

Members don't see this ad :)
dentistjas said:
Oh ok Dr Jayade and Dr Tavargari taught our class.
Infact Chetan sir even did my ortho :D
Are you still in touch with them?

I lost contact with them since I came to the US.

rubberdam said:
I lost contact with them since I came to the US.

Hey rubberdam, I know a batch mate of yrs who is in us too. :idea:
where r u located and have you taken yr boards already?

dentistjas said:
Hey rubberdam, I know a batch mate of yrs who is in us too. :idea:
where r u located and have you taken yr boards already?
Thats great news dentistjas... :) who is it? I did take my part 1. I was interviewed at umn but was rejected :( I am located in PA and am into my 2nd semester in MPH.

hey there..im really curious to know ur real name now..not that we goan recognise each other but still..me and dentistjas were batchmates..u have a gud score in part 1..u ditn apply to any other school??
rubberdam said:
Thats great news dentistjas... :) who is it? I did take my part 1. I was interviewed at umn but was rejected :( I am located in PA and am into my 2nd semester in MPH.

rubberdam said:

that means you have been here for a long time then....so u in upenn mph program? good going, :thumbup:

I am BDS graduate in india who wants to do Community dentistry MDS in SDM dharwad.I need advice on whether i am making the right choice or shud i do the other saturated courses like OMFS or ortho.

the question is why do u wana do community dentistry??
in SDM u do get lot of patients to work on but there is no one to guide you in that department..so its like u are ur own teacher..the faculty in community department is not very gud..so if i were you I wouldnt join Community in SDM..i m not aware abt other schools..but community in SDM..nah!!
needstherapy said:
I am BDS graduate in india who wants to do Community dentistry MDS in SDM dharwad.I need advice on whether i am making the right choice or shud i do the other saturated courses like OMFS or ortho.

come on Panchhi. Dont be too harsh on your old school. We do have atleast three MDS staff in community dept at SDM...and that includes two professors. Compared to many other dental colleges in karnataka SDM has the maximum number of fulltime proffessors on its payroll.

Hmm.. Last time I heard,
People were dying to get into Community. SDM Community Dept allows PGs to do virtually everything [Don't recollect anyone doing impactions..I may be wrong about this part]. I have been to other colleges where students end up begging patients to turn up.
@Needstheraphy, if you manage to get a seat in SDM, I would say "go for it" [ If you not planning to go to the US i.e] It's a great college. Period!

oh boy! do I miss Biriyani Paradise and Naveen's Ala Keiv or what??? 8-D

AjayDas said:
Hmm.. Last time I heard,
People were dying to get into Community. SDM Community Dept allows PGs to do virtually everything [Don't recollect anyone doing impactions..I may be wrong about this part]. I have been to other colleges where students end up begging patients to turn up.
@Needstheraphy, if you manage to get a seat in SDM, I would say "go for it" [ If you not planning to go to the US i.e] It's a great college. Period!

oh boy! do I miss Biriyani Paradise and Naveen's Ala Keiv or what??? 8-D

Tell me about it BP, rollz, hotspot, our small tapri, nescafe and our all time fast food.....And what could be compared to our campus Ajay. I miss it too :D

rubberdam said:

Hai i'm ur batch mate. Nice to hear that some one is there from my batch. I'm in UIC Peoria. I came a month back n still to start with the preparation. U can mail me at [email protected]. All the best.

hey rubber dam,
i m not harsh to my school..its a gud school..but i was posted in commnunity and damn there was no one to guide me with the RCTs..so yes i agree that u get lot of patients..but as I said u are ur own teacher..and i meant community..!![hey ajay and dentistjas we talking abt departments here ..not foodjoints..i miss dharwad but i still think food here is better!!! :laugh: and rubber dam were u there when Dr. Tippaswami joined as faculty there..if u werent then lst me tell u u have missed out..hsi dentistry was altogether different dentistry..and i think u msut be knwoing that Jitu sir has left..i think he was ur batchmate too..
QUOTE=rubberdam]come on Panchhi. Dont be too harsh on your old school. We do have atleast three MDS staff in community dept at SDM...and that includes two professors. Compared to many other dental colleges in karnataka SDM has the maximum number of fulltime proffessors on its payroll.[/QUOTE]

batchmate..u meant rubber dam s batchmate i guess..not ours...??just confirming..
sigmabio said:
Hai i'm ur batch mate. Nice to hear that some one is there from my batch. I'm in UIC Peoria. I came a month back n still to start with the preparation. U can mail me at [email protected]. All the best.

@Panchhi,
First things first. I thought I had commented about SDM's Dept. Being a product of SDM, I sure am passionate about our college. It may have some room for improvement but then, no college is perfect and I believe that SDM is in a better position than the rest.
After graduation, I came down to Chennai and went to a Dentist. The moment I said 'Dharwad', he gave me a job and asked me to do a post. RCT striaghtaway. Now that's the respect I got for comming from Dharwad!
Even now, when I mention my college, people say that Dharwad is the 'Harvard' of Dentistry in India.

I mentioned food just because I was reminded of it. It was more like a passing thought and not a basis of discussion regarding people joining SDM. Surely you would have understood that.
Strange you were trying to learn RCT in Community when you have Cons for that. I take it for granted that you ended up being in Community before Cons.Still, tell me how many RCTS did you manage to do in the end in SDM and I would love to compare it what people do in rest of the Colleges. I have met doctors from other colleges who got only 1-2 post RCTs even in their internship. I wonder how your experience during Internship led you to believe that PG in SDM would be a bad idea.

If you tell me to speak about Community in particular, I would say this. What would you prefer? Working on patients.. or doing only statistics/stuffs during your Community P.G?
I am saying this coz not many Community P.Gs get a chance to work on patients in other colleges.
A P.G shouldn't expect to be spoonfed.
I don't think naming a staff and commenting about his dentistry on this forum is fair since he will not be able to respond to your comments. Though you don't like his errr..style of dentistry, he gets more patients in his private clinic than anyone else.

Ajay,woah!!!ok relax..i think the person who wanted to join commmunity wouldnt have even read all this..fine i agree with whatever u have to say..after all i graduated from SDM too..but do u knwo why he used to get max pts in his clinics coz he was cheaper than the rest of the dentists around!! :laugh:
AjayDas said:
@Panchhi,
First things first. I thought I had commented about SDM's Dept. Being a product of SDM, I sure am passionate about our college. It may have some room for improvement but then, no college is perfect and I believe that SDM is in a better position than the rest.
After graduation, I came down to Chennai and went to a Dentist. The moment I said 'Dharwad', he gave me a job and asked me to do a post. RCT striaghtaway. Now that's the respect I got for comming from Dharwad!
Even now, when I mention my college, people say that Dharwad is the 'Harvard' of Dentistry in India.

I mentioned food just because I was reminded of it. It was more like a passing thought and not a basis of discussion regarding people joining SDM. Surely you would have understood that.
Strange you were trying to learn RCT in Community when you have Cons for that. I take it for granted that you ended up being in Community before Cons.Still, tell me how many RCTS did you manage to do in the end in SDM and I would love to compare it what people do in rest of the Colleges. I have met doctors from other colleges who got only 1-2 post RCTs even in their internship. I wonder how your experience during Internship led you to believe that PG in SDM would be a bad idea.

If you tell me to speak about Community in particular, I would say this. What would you prefer? Working on patients.. or doing only statistics/stuffs during your Community P.G?
I am saying this coz not many Community P.Gs get a chance to work on patients in other colleges.
A P.G shouldn't expect to be spoonfed.
I don't think naming a staff and commenting about his dentistry on this forum is fair since he will not be able to respond to your comments. Though you don't like his errr..style of dentistry, he gets more patients in his private clinic than anyone else.

Hey, No probz dude. It was just a healthy argument.
People try to have a backup plan usually. So I guess this one might be his.
Regarding the no. of Pts, all I can say is that in the end, what matters is how much you take home. If he has taken the quantity route, so be it :p

rubberdam said:
I was just wondering if there are any SDN members who had graduated from SDM Dharwad.
YEP ,I AM FROM SDM 1995

HEy Kester, U graduated in 95?
Kinda confusing coz ppl are taking their yr of joining as the batch

rubberdam said:

Hi, this is another student from SDM dharwad, but i did only my internship there in 2005. Now starting up with NBDE part 1 preparations, can u anyways help me out? :)

hey transfer intern :)
welcome to this nice forum..so how did u find our school??are u in US now??u can ask ur queries i m sure u will get most of ur answere here..
panchhi,
cutedockle said:
Hi, this is another student from SDM dharwad, but i did only my internship there in 2005. Now starting up with NBDE part 1 preparations, can u anyways help me out? :)

hello cutedockle,
welcome to the forums!
what info u want to know regarding your nbde1 prep.?
will be glad to offer you a helping hand!
regards
fido!
cutedockle said:

i am in florida rt now, anybody intrested for nbde part 1 preps?

fido! said:
hello cutedockle,
welcome to the forums!
what info u want to know regarding your nbde1 prep.?
will be glad to offer you a helping hand!
regards
fido!

Hey thanks fido!
i would like to ask in case u have finished with ur part 1 , how to sat up and go about for the preparations , i am a little confused as i have 3 months in hand.
Is nbde part 1 score required for part 2 xams?

panchhi said:
hey transfer intern :)
welcome to this nice forum..so how did u find our school??are u in US now??u can ask ur queries i m sure u will get most of ur answere here..
panchhi,

Hi and thanks panchhi. Sdm was a gr8 place for internship, i enjoyed it. specially oral surgery i just miss it.
i made a lot of new friends there, one thing for sure they are all very welcoming.
oh yes, only thing i was scared of is conservative uff :rolleyes:
I am in Florida came last month.
I would surely need to ask help for nbde part 1, as i havent yet started and have 3 months in hand.

hey,
u cna go ahead and ask whatver u want to..gud luck
cutedockle said:
Hi and thanks panchhi. Sdm was a gr8 place for internship, i enjoyed it. specially oral surgery i just miss it.
i made a lot of new friends there, one thing for sure they are all very welcoming.
oh yes, only thing i was scared of is conservative uff :rolleyes:
I am in Florida came last month.
I would surely need to ask help for nbde part 1, as i havent yet started and have 3 months in hand.

hey panchhi,
I would like to know how to go about for the study plans in 4 months? The subjects and the time schedule? i havent yet started.

hi cutedockle,
yes i'm done with my part 1!
i guess 3-4 months will suffice..but again it depends on different individuals ..their study plans and how much time they devote..
and u have to take up part 1 before taking part 2!
i hope this is the information u required!
glad to be of some help!
all the best! :thumbup:
cutedockle said:
Hey thanks fido!
i would like to ask in case u have finished with ur part 1 , how to sat up and go about for the preparations , i am a little confused as i have 3 months in hand.
Is nbde part 1 score required for part 2 xams?

fido! said:
hi cutedockle,
yes i'm done with my part 1!
i guess 3-4 months will suffice..but again it depends on different individuals ..their study plans and how much time they devote..
and u have to take up part 1 before taking part 2!
i hope this is the information u required!
glad to be of some help!
all the best! :thumbup:

Hey thanks fido,

that was good. i shall try my best in 4 months.

hey anybody nows from where can we get a syllabus for all the 4 years of bds? is there any site or we have to contact the college itself

hello i am thinkin of applying to dharward, im in the uk at the moment, do u tink its a good idea:)

Hi, Could the seniors from SDM comment which one is better-- SDM or Govt Dental College/Nair at Mumbai ? & In what respect ?

hi,

good to know so many people from SDM,am from 95 batch too.

Hi, Could the seniors elaborate about the pluses & minuses about SDM Dharwad ? What about the campus life ?& the weather ? Do these factors hinder from making the choice as SDM ?Can anybody rank first ten dental colleges in India ?

hey
good to know so many people from sdm
after a long time ,i am also from sdm, 98 batch

gusy I have reserved a seat in dharwada. What are my chances of getting work in usa or uk after graudating from dharwada?

Hi am sunita from SDM too...am from 99 batch passed out in 03'
hey can anyone tell me how much does a ECE report matter in getting admissions and how much should be the ideal ECE score?

Hi cutedockle am sunita from SDM too am also plannin on giving part 1 somewhere in sept or oct...have u started studying? am in uk now and shifting to kentucky in june...pls feel free to mail me at [email protected] if u need a study partner...