You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anybody hear from these schools?
Started by Madness202
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure U Washington and U Puget Sound wait until February, but I'm interested if anyone has heard sooner.
No interviews at UPS
I heard from Emory this morning. Also, another thread from last year mentioned that UK sends their interview invites through the USPS and that they did not receive their invites until around Feb. 14th.
What did you hear from Emory??
May I ask when your Emory interview is? I got an e-mail notifying me that my application was in review and that I'd hear from them again in 3-5 weeks. I'm concerned that they'll fill their class before I interview (which is what happened to me last year).
I haven't heard from Boston U either, except a notification that my application was complete and being reviewed.
I haven't heard from Boston U either, except a notification that my application was complete and being reviewed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted into Boston U, as well! Still waiting to hear back from Univ of Florida and have an interview with UAB on Feb. 1st
Are either of you going to the open house sessions? I feel like I need to go but its so hard for me to find any affordable plane tickets on such short notice! I've been accepted to USC already and am waiting to hear from Emory but I still feel like I need to give BU a chance.
It sounds like they're pretty flexible so hopefully you can arrange something date-wise that works for you! I am going to USC Feb. 7 for my visit so I think I'll try to go to the BU session on the 15th or 16th. Unfortunately I've already put down a deposit at USC because I wasn't sure when I'd hear from any of my other programs.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as well with the cheap plane tickets since I live in Indiana, I wish the deposit wasn't due so early since I fly out of Boston to Cancun on March 11th. So if you put money down at one school, are you not locked into that program?
Yeah, I like in Oklahoma and its impossible to find anything affordable <6 weeks in advance.
Regarding the deposits: no you're not locked in. The deposit secures your spot but you can always forfeit your deposit and give up your spot. I think schools must make a ton of money by setting super early deadlines and requiring large deposits. I know I submitted mine to GWU last year (after being given only 2 weeks to decide) and then decided that it really wasn't the place for me and simply lost the $700.
Regarding the deposits: no you're not locked in. The deposit secures your spot but you can always forfeit your deposit and give up your spot. I think schools must make a ton of money by setting super early deadlines and requiring large deposits. I know I submitted mine to GWU last year (after being given only 2 weeks to decide) and then decided that it really wasn't the place for me and simply lost the $700.
Do any of you know when we will hear about scholarships from Boston University? I know you are automatically considered, but it would be nice to hear about how much we would be able to receive as I feel that could be a big factor for me in whether or not I will attend.