anybody heard from Baylor & San Antonio& Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danny289

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody heard from Baylor or San Antonio or Houston?
it looks everybody waiting! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from baylor and I got in!!!!

according to some of the posts, i think baylor and houston mass-emailed all thier acceptances this morning between 9-10 AM. Im guessing if we didn't hear from them today, that should be it for today, until acceptees strat choosing which schools they want to go to. thats my take..this suks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard one thing (no call/email/letter). Although, my friend who is studying dentistry at San Antonio told me that I'm in because they posted a list of the accepted there. I find it a bit strange who they call or don't call. I trust my friend, but I suppose I'll feel a little better when I have it writing.....

Hi, guys again I am realy confused,
what you think? it is possible we get any news from Baylor tomorrw or monday? any hope? because I know Baylor fills up almost whole thier class by December. I feel so bad, even I am not excited for my Dec 3th intrview in San Antonio. :(

Hi, guys agine I am realy confused,
what you think? it is possible we get any news from Baylor tomorrw or monday? any hope? because I know Baylor fills up almost whole thier class by December. I feel so bad, even I am not excited for my Dec 3th intrview in San Antonio. :(

Hey pick your head up!!! I know a girl who is a 4th yr at San Antonio. She did not interview until Jan. and was accepted so you have plenty of hope. Get your game face on and kick butt in your upcoming interview!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard one thing (no call/email/letter). Although, my friend who is studying dentistry at San Antonio told me that I'm in because they posted a list of the accepted there. I find it a bit strange who they call or don't call. I trust my friend, but I suppose I'll feel a little better when I have it writing.....

email Dr Thomas.

Just I am wondering many people got thier email with lower DAT score and lower GPA, I don't know whats going on :confused:. anyway I am buckleing up for retaking DAT. :oops:
good luck for everybody.

hope they send more emails by monday

hope they send more emails by monday

Not likely I say! I'm sure they sent out more than enough acceptances this week to fill their class. They'll probably have to wait to hear back from the other accepted applicants before they (maybe) give us a shot. Facing the facts, we are likely on their waiting list.

I think they called the people with 22+ DAT scores and then are going to snail mail the rest. If you look on PreDents.com everyone that was accepted has 22+... Just something to think about.

I think they called the people with 22+ DAT scores and then are going to snail mail the rest. If you look on PreDents.com everyone that was accepted has 22+... Just something to think about.

first of all congr. for your acceptance, you did realy good job, maybe you are right about San Antonio and Houston but Baylor is different. just check people are accepted in Baylor,thier DAT score is around 19. I talked to Baylor personaly, somehow Baylor try to fill up thier class by December. even last year somebody in Admission office told me they know 95% of thier class by end of NOV!
lets keep hope alive!

first of all congr. for your acceptance, you did realy good job, maybe you are right about San Antonio and Houston but Baylor is different. just check people are accepted in Baylor,thier DAT score is around 19. I talked to Baylor personaly, somehow Baylor try to fill up thier class by December. even last year somebody in Admission office told me they know 95% of thier class by end of NOV!
lets keep hope alive!

Thanks Danny, I was referring only to San Antonio in that post. Baylor mass emailed, and I think Houston might have mass emailed everyone too. San Antonio said to some other people on the forums that they snail mailed all acceptances and there's a list at the dental school.

So, moral of the story, if you didn't hear from San Antonio yet, just wait because you might get something today or Monday.

This sucks... just got home from being out all day, ran to the mailbox, and no letter from San Antonio yet... Just wishful thinking... I guess I will have too wait until Monday to see... Unless of course JRP78 will hook a bro up with news via his connections at the school... haha! Last name starts with WACA...

Hey, JRP maybe your friend could also tell us how many they offered first round too. I really think the school or TMDSAS should have a way to show this info on the site. We paid enough and have suffered enough! Just post the list online.

So basically if you didn't hear from Baylor this last weekend than your chances of getting in are slim? Seriously, what would your chances be really of getting into Baylor if they've essentially filled their entire class (95%) with the "first wave" of acceptance letters? AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!! This is so depressing!!!!

Just I am wondering many people got thier email with lower DAT score and lower GPA, I don't know whats going on :confused:. anyway I am buckleing up for retaking DAT. :oops:
good luck for everybody.

It may not always be the dat that is the problem.
I have 21/23 3.9/4.0 and still didn't hear anything from baylor..
I don't think it's my EC activities either because they are pretty decent..
Even people around 18-19 got offers so I just don't know where I went wrong..
I feel more than thankful to be accepted by any of the 3 schools but still plan to call and ask why I was denied to see what the problem was.. I heard they tell you so that my help..

by the way, does anybody know if SA sent out the letters through priority mail? It seems that some schools do and even people out of state have recieved letters next day..
I just saw predent and there were two people that seemed to have got the letters today and one of them goes to A&M which isn't in SA

I just saw predent and there were two people that seemed to have got the letters today and one of them goes to A&M which isn't in SA

Maybe they just posted today on predents, but had the acceptance Friday? Either way, I assume Tuesday will be the latest you could expect a letter to arrive if you are in state. So really this whole Dec 1st thing is like Dec 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for some of us.

This whole system is insane... So funny, last night I was talking with my friend about how SA posted the info on the door... she and I actually had a serious discussion about driving down to SA and seeing if we could look at the list.

It may not always be the dat that is the problem.
I have 21/23 3.9/4.0 and still didn't hear anything from baylor..
I don't think it's my EC activities either because they are pretty decent..
Even people around 18-19 got offers so I just don't know where I went wrong..
I feel more than thankful to be accepted by any of the 3 schools but still plan to call and ask why I was denied to see what the problem was.. I heard they tell you so that my help..

you are right, your have good DAT and GPA, whats going on, I don't know but i know Baylor has some intrest to minorities. Honestly Baylor is acting wiered. lets keep hope alive. I am going contact them Tuseday because tomorrow I will be in San Antonio for my interview:p