Anybody heard from programs after the interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

obmom80

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that there is a "courtship" that goes on after the interview process where programs call or send you letters saying that you are high on their list. Has anyone gotten this feedback yet or know when it typically begins?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter from a program that I really am planning on ranking highly that says "...we enjoyed your interview." It is signed by one of my interviewers and who I suppose to be the PD. I do not know if everyone who interviewed at this institution gets one, or if I am reading into the fact that I have mail too much?

I got an email from a resident stating they really liked me and hope i pick them, she did state they don't send this letter to everyone, but who knows if this is true

Members don't see this ad :)
I am very curious to know which programs y'all are talking about!

i received a phone call about two days after my interview at one program, assuring me that i would most definitely be ranked highly. i also received a letter from a different program stating that they "enjoyed my interview" personally signed by the PD (not one of those signature stamps). the letter came about a week after my interview.

Hey guys - I just wanted to let you know that I have interviewed at a couple of programs (UNM and UW-Madison) that explicitly stated that they would NOT be contacting applicants after interviews to participate in the "courtship" and that the lack of contact should in no way be construed as a lack of intent to rank. Apparently, the post-interview contact walks a fine line with the ERAS folks that some schools just don't want to risk. So while I'm not sure that hearing from a program is definitely a plus, I think that NOT hearing from a program isn't always a minus.