anybody taking florida dental hygiene exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wisedent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would like to know more about the florida dental hygiene exam. anybody taken that exam or know more about it please share what you know.any help will be apreciated..

Members don't see this ad.

wisedent said:
i would like to know more about the florida dental hygiene exam. anybody taken that exam or know more about it please share what you know.any help will be apreciated..
I am seriosuly thinking about taking that exam. There is serious money in hygiene, and you should be able to pass the exam with no problems.
As for qualifications, NBDE parts I and II would be a good start. Actually, a pre-requisite.
Anyways, you might want to read the 2 links I attached;

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=199174

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/dn_lic_req.html#Dental Hygiene

Where in Florida are you if you don't mind ?
Do you know where you will be taking the exam ? I think the next one coming up is in June.

Good luck.

hi there,
can somone please tell if we need both part 1 and 2 or only part 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
pavi1230 said:
Part 1 will suffice.
hi pavi,
is it true, wooow!!!! i thought we need to take part 2 also to be able to take it, are you sure abt it???? did u call them n find out on the phone??????please reply,thanks

Am writing basic details ,Pls let me know if you have more questions, I will be happy to hep. :)

REQS:

PART I
PART II
CBT EXAM FOR FL LAWS RULES
EXAM FEE.

The exam is offered 2 a year.

Thanks,

thank you drrk.When did you take the exam? do you know how easy it is and how to get patients? is there a place to borrow instruments from?i was planning to take this exam in near future. so any details will be apreciated. :)

I live in los angeles and i just passed the hygiene board exam. I also passed part I of the dental boards last year. I figured it is easier to study for hygiene exam than part II dental exam. So now I am planning for the florida board but i don't know how to acquire for my patient over there. Any info or ideas how to go about it for someone who know no one in florida? I am hoping i could sit in june.I am so sick of doing DA for 2 years now.

I also wish California allows us to practice hygiene. Do you guys think this is going to happen in the near future?

What are the scope of florida hygienist in florida? How much a hyginist earn in florida? any idea? because I have see in the website of florida board that they are 150 students in every florida hygiene clinical exam. thanks in advance.

hello everybudy,
i want to know what r the other states that accepts,flourida dental hygine certificates.
thanku

What are the scope of florida hygienist in florida? How much a hyginist earn in florida? any idea? because I have seen in the website of florida board that they are 150 students appear in florida hygiene clinical exam. any florida residents please answer this.

stelon said:
What are the scope of florida hygienist in florida? How much a hyginist earn in florida? any idea? because I have seen in the website of florida board that they are 150 students appear in florida hygiene clinical exam. any florida residents please answer this.
27 to 30 $/hr ,but its not easy to find a job as dental hygeine these days in fl .

there are too many hygienists in South FL. most offices want experienced rdh. in my practical, there were 200 at Nova. and i dont know how many at UF. good luck, while this lasts.

Members don't see this ad :)
drrk said:
Am writing basic details ,Pls let me know if you have more questions, I will be happy to hep. :)

REQS:

PART I
PART II
CBT EXAM FOR FL LAWS RULES
EXAM FEE.

The exam is offered 2 a year.

Thanks,

Do they require the Transcript to be sent directly from the school back home or they only want the evaluated copy from ECE? Somebody please reply.

wisedent said:

I took the exam last December and modesty aside I can say that it was a fairly easy exam. The Univ. of Florida at Gainesville is an excellent site for the exam. The exam site is neat and clean and the facilities are in excellent condition. I did'nt bring any patient with me when I took the exam. The local people there are friendly and easy to talk to as prospective patient with some form of compensation of course. I stayed at the Days Inn hotel and got my patient from there. One of their housekeepers.

edinger said:
I took the exam last December and modesty aside I can say that it was a fairly easy exam. The Univ. of Florida at Gainesville is an excellent site for the exam. The exam site is neat and clean and the facilities are in excellent condition. I did'nt bring any patient with me when I took the exam. The local people there are friendly and easy to talk to as prospective patient with some form of compensation of course. I stayed at the Days Inn hotel and got my patient from there. One of their housekeepers.
Hey edinger.
Well, I would say that you definitler got lucky on that patient ! Great job.
I also agree with you that the folks here in the south in general are pretty nice as oppose to the north or even california.
Anyways, I wanted to ask you how easy it was finding a job as a hygienist ?
How did you do, and is the pay good enough ?
Thanks. I'm planning on taking the June exam, wish me luck.

Hi guys,

Dont think I am asking the same information again. Please let me know if part 1 will suffice to proceed for clinical hygiene exam or do we need to take national board dental hygiene. If so should we apply to ADA take the exam for florida.PLEASE HELP :oops:

edinger said:

Wht text books did u read for ur nb hygiene exam.Thank you

edinger said:

I plan to do as you did come june. I need to work on the short courses (HIV/AIDS,MEDICAL ERRORS AND DOMESTIC VIOLINCE),May I know which among the listed providers for thes courses you had it with? and which insurance company you have malpractice insurance with? Do we also need to have our transcript of records sent directly to them from our school?

Thanks a lot.

:confused: I have question about the submission of documents for florida hygiene exam( in june) for the first deadline of april 1st. It is mentioned that , submit the application, fees and photographs before 1st april. but misguide about the score report of national board by ADA and ECE report by ECE, should this also sent directly by ADA before first deadline or before 2nd deadline of 1st May. if this report should be sent before 1st april, then it is very difficult . Anybody is taking this hygiene exam in june? please answer this. thanks in advance.:confused:

Hi Nilebds i had called them, ADA SCore and ECE report should be sent before 2nd deadline. thanks. if anybody knows which one is better institute for the additional courses for florida hygiene exam. Do you know any website which offer online courses, bye.

hi guys
for the dh exam u shud either take hygiene part-1 exam &then theflorida dental hygiene clinical exam ,florida law exam&some reqirements.
or
u shud take ndbe part-1 &part-2 exam &then sit for theflorida dental hygiene clinical exam ,florida law exam,&some reqirements
hope this information helps :thumbup:

hi i am planning to take florida dental hygiene exams . if u do pls reply to me back . i am planning to give NBDHE in july
if u have take pls reply me .
[email protected]

hi wanted to know can we seek job in other states after giving florida hygiene exam. or is there a differenr exam we need to take,

the answer is no,u cannot!the florida hyg.exam only allows you to practise as a dental hyg.in the state of FLORIDA ONLY,AND NO OTHER STATES!
holmes said:
hi wanted to know can we seek job in other states after giving florida hygiene exam. or is there a differenr exam we need to take,

edinger said:

Hi edinger, What is the patient criteria for the clinical in florida? Are there a lot of patient rejection when you took the exam? Any advice? I am concern about finding a suitable patient for the june exam.

Hi NileBDS,
good luck on your exam in June,
my friend will take it also in june, he is coming from Los Angeles but he hasn't any patients yet. I am Trying to find him one.

Nash

Do we have to sent the Evaluation- subject analysis report for flourdia exam? does it sent by evaluation co. directly?

Nash so said:
Hi NileBDS,
good luck on your exam in June,
my friend will take it also in june, he is coming from Los Angeles but he hasn't any patients yet. I am Trying to find him one.

Nash
Hey Nash ...
Thanks for the warm wishes, however, I will not be attending the June exam.
I wish you the best of luck on your patient hunt !
I also noticed that your signature says "Masry". Are you egyptian ?

HI everyone. I'm new here.

I am a foreign trained dentist and i would like to try dental hygiene exams. Can I take the exam right away without going to school?

Do I have to take the NBDE for dental hygiene first before I take State board for Florida?

I'm so sorry I'm so confused on what steps I should take to finally practice here in US.

I'm currently here in US as tourist. Can I take the exams in Florida this JUNE? Can i take the exam with a tourist visa? If not, what kind of visa do i need and do you have a suggestion on how I can change my status?

What are the requirements for application?

Hopefully needing some advice...

GOOD DAY!!! :)

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/dn_lic_req.html#Dental Hygiene

allbeit said:
HI everyone. I'm new here.

I am a foreign trained dentist and i would like to try dental hygiene exams. Can I take the exam right away without going to school?

Do I have to take the NBDE for dental hygiene first before I take State board for Florida?

I'm so sorry I'm so confused on what steps I should take to finally practice here in US.

I'm currently here in US as tourist. Can I take the exams in Florida this JUNE? Can i take the exam with a tourist visa? If not, what kind of visa do i need and do you have a suggestion on how I can change my status?

What are the requirements for application?

Hopefully needing some advice...

GOOD DAY!!! :)

Anybody coming to Gainesville for florida hygienist exam on 9-10 june?

Allbeit:

You need to take the Dental Hygiene Board first OR the National Dental Board Part I (and I think Part II, too) before you can take the Florida Dental Hygiene Board. You can take the Boards while you are on a turist visa but if you get your license you cannot work under that status....I also understand you cannot adjust your status to another visa based on that DH license, in other words Dental Hygiene is a profession that does not qualify for a working visa...it is not good for the INS. (BCIS)....

edinger said:

Hi edinger,
I am in florida. I would like to know what materials we need for NBDHE and time schedule u required to study for the same? How much can we earn as a hygienist here in florida?
How is the clinical exam held & what are we suppose to do ?

I'm currently licenced as a Hyg in FL the truth is that to get acurate info is always better to contact the board directly because not everybody qualifies. It depends on the program that took @ home. They will ask you for a lot of papers and I had to fight with them to get a chance to take the board

I took the DHBE . It is VERY EASY!!! Last time I checked they were not allowing the NDBE I anymore...

The hard part of it is the clinical exam, because you will need the right patient...and instruments... and travel etc

Mybe said:
I'm currently licenced as a Hyg in FL the truth is that to get acurate info is always better to contact the board directly because not everybody qualifies. It depends on the program that took @ home. They will ask you for a lot of papers and I had to fight with them to get a chance to take the board

I took the DHBE . It is VERY EASY!!! Last time I checked they were not allowing the NDBE I anymore...

The hard part of it is the clinical exam, because you will need the right patient...and instruments... and travel etc

Thanks for your input. How did you check that they are not allowing NBDE I anymore? Are there new legistlative laws, any written statement about that? There are many contradicting posting: like part 1 and 2 are needed, others say only part 1, you are saying no more part 1. What is the real scoop. Any info you have will really help. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

you have to take part 1 and part 2 both to apply for hygienist exam. Only part-1 will not allow you to take hygienist exam. and you also required subject analysist evaluation, but they will consider course by course evaluation, if you request.

stelon said:
Anybody coming to Gainesville for florida hygienist exam on 9-10 june?

HI , how was the exam?
i would like to know what materials did u refer for nbdhe exam, please let me know it would be of gr8help or can u give me no? if u dont like to type?
:confused:

I Just took the NDHBE this past Tuesday for Florida. I am going to try and answer as many questions as I can.

In order to apply for the NDHBE in Florida you have to have proof that you are CURRENTLY attending an accredited dental hygiene school or HAVE attended an accredited dental hygiene school. In order to sit for the exam you have to bring two photo ID's or one photo ID and two others forms of ID's. You will receive a ticket in the mail that you need to bring along with a passport picture stapled. You will receive your results in about 6-8 weeks. By the way this exam is now computerized only.

You cannot apply/sit for the state exam (clinical portion) unless you pass your national board exam and have graduated and have a diploma for dental hygiene. If you fail the NDHBE you cannot retake until 90 days after the day you took it. I am not sure how the state exam goes because I do not take it until 5/29 or 5/30 and that's if I pass my national boards :scared:.

I went to a dental hygiene seminar to prepare for the NBDHE and the website is dhseminar.com if you are interested. It was an awesome review and you get a book with all the information you need to know. It is pricey but found it worth it. Especially if it has been a while since you have graduated.

As far as how much money dental hygienists make in Florida, I am not sure. I believe you are not to accept under $30 an hour but I think it depends on the location of where you work.

Any other questions...Don't hesitate to ask!

Hi All,

I see a lot of confusion about the Dental hyiene board. I'm taking the exam on Friday and have done A LOT of research because I had no one to ask.

To be eligible for the exam, you need to take either the NBDHE or PART 1 AND PART 2. So, either you have BOTH part 1 and part 2 or you can take the NBDHE board.

The application process is painful. A lot of paperwork, and documentation. I was dizzy by the end of it.
For insurance, it's very easy..use www.hpso.com

And for the course on medical negligence, check out http://www.ceregistration.com/

The toughest part seemed getting the application and supporting documents together.
Good luck!

Hi,

I am really looking for guidence for taking NBDHE,
I am a FTD .

What kind of documents needed?
I got eligilibity for NBdHE.
my concern is for what kind of documents to get eligible for clinical exam?
what courses are needed?
I am planning to take my exam on dec2009.
plz email me at [email protected]

Thanks