Anybody using 2015 EK? Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyF0X

FoxHound
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some prep books for the ridiculous new MCAT. Right now EK and TPR seem to have new prep material for the 2015 test. EK was known to be for those who didn't need content review, but just a quick overview of what you needed to know for the MCAT. Do the 2o15 Ek books do the same in that regard? I am looking to get content down, and something that provides good practice problems.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been going through EK for the past week and love them. I can't compare it to the old EK as this is my first time studying for the MCAT, but I've found the books very approachable and fairly easy to get through. I'd say I learned the material pretty well when I took the lecture courses, and the EK has been great about refreshing concepts that I've forgotten. However, I will say that for topics I remember the least about - Physics, parts of Gen Chem, O Chem - I've been using some of the old Kaplan books for extra practice.

I've been going through EK for the past week and love them. I can't compare it to the old EK as this is my first time studying for the MCAT, but I've found the books very approachable and fairly easy to get through. I'd say I learned the material pretty well when I took the lecture courses, and the EK has been great about refreshing concepts that I've forgotten. However, I will say that for topics I remember the least about - Physics, parts of Gen Chem, O Chem - I've been using some of the old Kaplan books for extra practice.

So I guess not much has changed from the old EK books then. Thanks a lot for your input.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess not much has changed from the old EK books then. Thanks a lot for your input.

Hahaha - I used EK for prep and did TPR questions. I got to say that EK is much more engaging and makes me laugh at times (their Audio Osmosis is awesome! Did they come out with a new Audio Osmosis for the MCAT2015?). After looking through a few books, I realized that Princeton has more information in their lecture books, but it's WAY too dry for me to read.

Hahaha - I used EK for prep and did TPR questions. I got to say that EK is much more engaging and makes me laugh at times (their Audio Osmosis is awesome! Did they come out with a new Audio Osmosis for the MCAT2015?). After looking through a few books, I realized that Princeton has more information in their lecture books, but it's WAY too dry for me to read.

Speaking from the old mcat EK format, I actually thought that their books were not bad in terms of content review but I guess what they weren't doing is properly preparing you to answer passage-based type of questions. Not sure, but I guess it varies between individuals. Audio Osmosis, albeit cheesy, was indeed helpful, they don't have one for the new mcat.

I was gonna use Orgo and Chem EK 2015 but there isn't a lot of practice so I might buy the NS practice books for those. I'm currently using NS Bio and my old Book 2 TBR for that part of my BS prep. Gonna supplement with TPRH SW for passages.

Has anyone here taken the 2015 AAMC practice exam yet? I'm curious to know how the questions compare with EK or other study materials.