anybody willing to read personal statments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-money

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyboyd willing to read personal statments..

Members don't see this ad.

hey pre-money, if you do a search, there's a HUGE thread on this with a long list of people willing to read your personal statement. lucky for you and the others, i'm not on that list.

Originally posted by Moskeeto
hey pre-money, if you do a search, there's a HUGE thread on this with a long list of people willing to read your personal statement. lucky for you and the others, i'm not on that list.

Yeah - moskie can't even figure out what sex he is - let alone proofread. hehe.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you send it over my way i'll read it sometime today... I already submitted my amcas, kinda curious what others wrote, so i fyou want me to read it let me know... I am willing to give you a broad overview of suggestions, but i can't give you any grammar help cause mine sux.

pre-money,

I'm on the list of people willing to read personal statements. I worked as a writing center consultant for two years and copy edited my school's newspaper. I also minored in English writing. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. (Note, I will be unavailable from July4-July8)

I'd be glad to help you out. I don't have any paid experience doing this, but I helped my brother with all his essays (UMiami COM) and my friends applying to grad school. Just PM me and we communicate via email.

I'll look over your statement if you want! I've worked as a writing tutor, and I tend to do reasonably well on essays and stuff, so presumably I'm not totally clueless...

=)

PM me if you want.

Luck!

I am no longer willing to read personal statements. I am moving in two weeks. I would update the official thread, but search function still is down, I believe ... Good luck, everyone.

Well, if there are some other people out there that aren't helping out the above guy, would anyone help me out??

I definitely need all the help I can get and would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
medboy

BTW, sorry for posting that I am no longer helping on a thread asking for help, but I am trying to save others the trouble of asking me when I am rather unreliable as an editor right now ... I am hoping that people who saw me on the official thread will read this one, too.

medboy,

I'm working on one essay right now, but I'd be happy to take on another. If you send it to me before 3:00pm (pacific time) tomorrow, I can get it back to you before I leave for NC to go apartment hunting. Otherwise, I can read it after I get back on the 8th.

I am also willing to read secondary essays if anyone needs it. I've missed my work at the writing center since school's been out.

Just PM me, and I'll give you an e-mail address to which you can send your essay (preferably as a word document or in the body of the e-mail).

if anyone out there is kind enough, i would really appreciate it too if someone can read over my personal statement!

thanks!

Hey autumnleaves,

Since I've got a bit of time on my hands nowadays, I've been volunteering to read people's essays, so you can PM me if you want me to look at yours...

I'm happy to look at statements too. Though I write for a living, that's no qualification! But I WAS rejected from med school multiple times before getting in, which helps.

Pre-money,
I've sent you an email regarding your essay. Hope it helps!