Anybody with a MCAT below a 30 interview at Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xadmin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just want to know if anybody who has a MCAT below a 30 interview at Duke?

Members don't see this ad.

I had exactly a 30 but not below...but I felt damn lucky to get an interview there!!! Hopefully I did well enough to get an acceptance letter sometime this week. Good Luck!

ftbstep said:
I had exactly a 30 but not below...but I felt damn lucky to get an interview there!!! Hopefully I did well enough to get an acceptance letter sometime this week. Good Luck!

I know what you mean :D I was amazed I got an interview with my stats as well :p

OP- I don't know anyone who interviewed with a score below 30, but you could try searching the mdapplicant profiles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks mimi for telling me i have an absolutely 0% chance of getting in....lol... :scared:

i interviewed at duke with a good mcat but 3.4 gpa. did a mdapplicants search and wondered why they bother interviewing us with lower stats, since they accept so few. not that i'm complaining!

Someone from last year got in with a 31Q 3.5

Don't give up hope based on what you see on MDApplicants or SDN. I'm sure they take people that are exception in other areas other than stats!

dopaminophile said:
Someone from last year got in with a 31Q 3.5

Don't give up hope based on what you see on MDApplicants or SDN. I'm sure they take people that are exception in other areas other than stats!

Based on what I know of my class, there are probably a good 5-10 ACCEPTED students with MCAT scores at or below 30. This is yet another reason why I still contend that Duke is NOT a numbers *****; and using a school's average MCAT and GPA isn't a great indication of one's "whoreness." :laugh:

I think that applicants who are accepted with scores that low tend to be minorities though, as some data suggests that under-represented minority applicants of comparable intelligence do more poorly than their non-minority counterparts on standardized tests. But I know that Duke interviews tons of people with 30's and below each interview cycle...again, it's really not just about numbers.

TommyGunn04 said:
Based on what I know of my class, there are probably a good 5-10 ACCEPTED students with MCAT scores at or below 30. This is yet another reason why I still contend that Duke is NOT a numbers *****; and using a school's average MCAT and GPA isn't a great indication of one's "whoreness." :laugh:

I think that applicants who are accepted with scores that low tend to be minorities though, as some data suggests that under-represented minority applicants of comparable intelligence do more poorly than their non-minority counterparts on standardized tests. But I know that Duke interviews tons of people with 30's and below each interview cycle...again, it's really not just about numbers.
Good deal. You've been really helpful. Keep your fingers crossed for us!