Anybody?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runstorm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a freshman in college and I was looking into the prerequisites for dental school and alot of them ask for inorganinc chem II but my school only offers inorganic chem I. :scared: What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

You should go talk to an advisor at the preprofessional office. It's odd that they only offer chem I, unless that one course is the equivalent to chem I and II at other schools? Or perhaps you're mistaken... for example at my school, there is Intro to chemistry class which is just one semester... and there are separate inorganic chem I and II classes. A lot of newcomers think that the intro to chem is the required inorganic chem class but it isn't. Anyway, you do need both inorganic chem I and II so go speak to an advisor asap~

LadyxJC said:
You should go talk to an advisor at the preprofessional office. It's odd that they only offer chem I, unless that one course is the equivalent to chem I and II at other schools? Or perhaps you're mistaken... for example at my school, there is Intro to chemistry class which is just one semester... and there are separate inorganic chem I and II classes. A lot of newcomers think that the intro to chem is the required inorganic chem class but it isn't. Anyway, you do need both inorganic chem I and II so go speak to an advisor asap~

Yeah that's probably the case, at UM, we only have 1 general chem class too, alot of predental/med students either take addtional intro to inorgo class or pchem (yuck!!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
also, you may be misunderstanding the course titles.

all you need is General Chemistry 1 and 2, b/c general chemistry is not organic chemistry.

I know my school offers a class called "inorganic chemistry." This is NOT a pre-req for dental school. When they specify 2 semesters of inorganic, they mean general chemistry. On top of that, you need 2 semesters of organic chemistry.

Thanks, I was misunderstanding the inorganic classes that I need to take. I was thinking I would have to take the class called inorganic chem I and inorganic chem II.