Has anybody been accepted/interviewed at MeHarry that did NOT take quantitative analysis? School suggestions would be helpful too.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelazyvaca

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am an applicant deciding on schools to apply to this cycle, and saw that MeHarry requires (urges?) applicants to take quantitative analysis. I have tried searching for this topic, and can not find any posts or website saying that it is strictly required. Also, knowing my statistics (below), am I good applicant to apply to MeHarry once I finish my masters program? Any schools y'all would recommend for me?

Has anybody been accepted/interviewed at MeHarry that did NOT take quantitative analysis?

I am still new to SDN forums, so please direct me to a more appropriate forum if this is not the place to post this question.

Thank y'all!
- Collin

My statistics (GPA ranges because I am awaiting a single grade):

- White (Cherokee Nation) | male | well underserved and underperforming hometown (if that matters)

- Biology & Biochemistry major and minor respectively

- Will be attending a one year biomedical sciences masters program at Tulane in the Fall

- 3.12-3.14 cGPA

- 2.8-2.9 sGPA

- 18 AA; BIO 16; GC 20; OC 18; PAT 19; QR 16; RC 21; TS 18

- Around 300+ shadow/intern/work hours at multiple dental practices

- Around 100+ volunteer hours

- Plenty of EC hours

- NO research unfortunately (hope to be apart of some in the upcoming year - tips would be great)

Members don't see this ad.

In regard to your Meharry question, if it's a requirement, it's a requirement. You'll need to have taken it or be planning on taking it before you matriculate. If it's recommended, then you don't need to have it.

In regard to your "What are my chances?" question, either reformat your thread like this (► TEMPLATE: How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄) or post in the WAMC subforum we have (What Are My Chances? WAMC Dental). Use the template either way since it provides more info that you don't have listed currently. Briefly looking over your stats though, I'd really suggest retaking your DAT to get 20AA+ and also because your Bio is really low and a red flag imo.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In regard to your Meharry question, if it's a requirement, it's a requirement. You'll need to have taken it or be planning on taking it before you matriculate. If it's recommended, then you don't need to have it.

In regard to your "What are my chances?" question, either reformat your thread like this (► TEMPLATE: How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄) or post in the WAMC subforum we have (What Are My Chances? WAMC Dental). Use the template either way since it provides more info that you don't have listed currently. Briefly looking over your stats though, I'd really suggest retaking your DAT to get 20AA+ and also because your Bio is really low and a red flag imo.

Thank you for responding. I will reformat, and post tomorrow. Thanks again!

Never interviewed at Meharry but I would definitely consider taking the DAT again. With a low GPA and fairly low DAT you really should shoot for a 21+ on the DAT to increase your chances of receiving an interview. Not trying to be a Debbie downer just trying to give you realistic advice from first hand experience.