Anymore Interview Invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nakazima

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day. I was just wondering whether past applicants (or those who know some) could share whether rolling/ non-rolling schools still send out interview invitations in December/ January and how likely that is. If you could share where the invitation you/ your acquaintance received was from and when you/ your acquaintance was complete that would be even better! Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine, who is now an MS1, got his only MD interview invite (and subsequent acceptance) in March. Of course n=1, but I've heard plenty of similar stories. There's still quite a bit of time this cycle - actually, if we approximate interview season to be September through March, then it's not even half over yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a friend who received most if not all of her interview invitations in Jan or after during the last app cycle. She interview and was accepted at multiple places.

Members don't see this ad :)
This question seems to get asked every week. :rolleyes:

Yes, many schools are still sending out II's.
Do you believe that the answer does not change over time? :rolleyes:

I can agree that "Are we there yet" questions can be annoying but they are not exactly useless.

Do you believe that the answer does not change over time? :rolleyes:

I can agree that "Are we there yet" questions can be annoying but they are not exactly useless.

In October, November, December, and even January, yes, they're useless. The answer will be the same. Unless the OP gives the list of the schools they're applying to, there's nothing anyone can say except a blanket "yes."

In October, November, December, and even January, yes, they're useless. The answer will be the same. Unless the OP gives the list of the schools they're applying to, there's nothing anyone can say except a blanket "yes."
A blanket "yes" can be pretty nice thing to hear, actually.

Whatever, there's no point arguing further about silly things. Happy thanksgiving!

A blanket "yes" can be pretty nice thing to hear, actually.

Whatever, there's no point arguing further about silly things. Happy thanksgiving!

Haha oh Milski you always make me smile. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Haha oh Milski you always make me smile. Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Ha, Meredith! :D Where have you been? I have not seen you anywhere in the school specific threads, so it seems that we ended up applying at different places. Of course, me being horrendously late does not help either. Happy Thanksgiving though, I'm sure you have at least an acceptance or two to be happy about. ;)

Hey! Thanks for the responses all. I asked this specifically since there wasn't a thread that had anything other than either 'start panicking' or a blanket 'yes.' I was hoping people could give specific anecdotes to either rolling or non-rolling schools (any really). I say any since I'm sure it would be useful to others who have applied to different schools than to those I have.

You should browse the school-specific threads. People regularly post when they get interview invites.

Stanford is said to be notorious at sending interview invitations at random times regardless of complete date. I met someone at an interview who told me that he had a friend who was complete at all her schools last year in early August and only had 2 interview invites by this time. All of sudden on New Year's Day, she woke up to an interview invite from Stanford, interviewed in February, and was ultimately accepted.

You should browse the school-specific threads. People regularly post when they get interview invites.
Exactly. OP, read last year's school-specific threads for the schools you are hoping to hear from. It will give you a pretty good idea of whether to expect more II's from those schools.

FWIW, I got an II from Wake Forest in early December last year for a January interview (complete early November).

Hey y'all,

Hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day. I was just wondering whether past applicants (or those who know some) could share whether rolling/ non-rolling schools still send out interview invitations in December/ January and how likely that is. If you could share where the invitation you/ your acquaintance received was from and when you/ your acquaintance was complete that would be even better! Thanks so much!

Question has been asked and answered multiple times. You can receive II's throughout the cycle regardless of when you are complete. I was complete at a school in late July, received II in January, currently attending that school. Received another II for a school in March after having been complete there in late July, but didn't attend that one.