Anyone accepted a week (or shorter) before school started?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaoming

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, it would be helpful if you just post a "yes" to this question, to any school. Preferably ucla though, because that is the one for which I'm waiting. I'm really trying to keep my hopes up on the school of my choice. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

We had one the day before orientation. Her name is still never on the rosters or the mail, the loser that didnt make it is on there instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
my friend got off the waitlist at Iowa the day before orientation

The guy that interviewed me at UCI said he was pulled off their waitlist right before orientation started.

yes we had one guy who was called the day before orientation.

At ETSU, we had a guy pulled off the waitlist the second day of orientation.

wow. thank you guys. i still have hopes for my #1 choice of school then. : ) thank you so much.

An acquaintence of mine was accepted to a DO school in California 2 days before classes started last year. He had to pick up and move across country, but he did it. He had given up all hope.

I know one school that gives a full ride scholarship to the last person accepted into the class. It was a scholarship given to the school by a doctor who was the last one accepted when he went through, so he knew what it felt like. I heard about it on my interviews, and I can't remember if it was VCU or Drexel.

I had a friend that got accepted to UPenn the day before class started. She basically missed all of orientation ...but she packed her bags and left right away. Luckily she had a friend up at UPenn dental school whom she could stay with...but I can't imagine moving to a place last minute!

Good luck! :) :)