Anyone accepted off ALBANY waitlist???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

AnitaHo

Anyone accepted off ALBANY waitlist?
did you guys update your files or sent letters?

Members don't see this ad.

anitaho-

I was placed on the "still under consideration" category, and I asked the lady if that's the same as the waitlist, but she said "it's not the waitlist, but it's where we get people for the waitlist." Whatever that's supposed to mean. I sent them an update letter, but then I received an acceptance maybe 5 days after I sent the letter, so I'm pretty sure I was accepted without them receiving the update. Hope this helps you.

Mr Annoying:

Did you go straight from being "under consideration" to acceptance. I thought you had to become an alternate first and then acceptance (or rejection). I remember at my interview I was surprised how much information was given out about acceptance procedures. But sometimes more information is not a good thing...and now I'm confused. Also, their e-mail informing me that I was still "under consideration" had a definite "don't call us, we'll call you" tone, but your experience makes me think I should send some sort of update. I have an acceptance elsewhere, but had a good vibe at Albany and am still interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
mr annoyin, thanks for the help. congrats, did they email you about your acceptance?

hey guys, sorry I didn't notice you asking me questions in this thread. Go ahead and PM me if you have any questions specifically for me.

psyche-
I'm pretty sure I went straight from being "still under consideration" to accepted. I wasn't ever notified about any waitlist or anything... but I may be wrong. Regarding the update letter, I'm not sure if it would help or not. Like I previously said, I got my acceptance before they could have received my update letter. Also, you're ranked after the committee meeting with a score, and I think that score is what they use to accept you or not. I'm not sure if an update letter would change that score, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

anitaho-
I received an e-mail stating "you will be receiving a packet from us in the mail soon, and just to let you know it has the words 'congratulations you've been accepted' in it." Those weren't the exact words, but something to that effect.

I'm really leaning towards withdrawing my albany acceptance by May 15th due to my SLU acceptance... but it's hard to be sure that's what I want right now because I had a pretty positive experience with Albany and their whole applicaton process was so organized, in my opinion. They really make you feel like they want you. Anyways, feel free to ask me anything else about Albany.

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Annoying. You have a difficult choice to make between St. Louis and Albany, but you're in an enviable position. I was really impressed with Albany too...too bad the city is a bit on the dreary side.

does anyone know if the wait-list was even formed yet?
i called AMC in january and was "still under consideration" .... they told me that I would be there until a wait list was formed, after ALL interviews were finished, and then could be accepted after that. the only other chance would be if they adjusted their cut-off score, which sounds like may have happened for mr.annoying.