Anyone accepted to only one school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyclohexane101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a case when someone had only one interview and eventually got accepted there?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a case when someone had only one interview and eventually got accepted there?
Yeah someone posted that scenario in one of the stickied threads. I'll be back with the post.

Yeah. That was my case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to 4 schools
1 rejection
2 interview offers

1 attended
1 deferred
1 acceptance

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Reactions: 2 users
Would you elaborate a bit?
I applied to 14 or so schools. Never heard a peep from them until this one school gave me an interview invite. (Sorry, I'd rather not disclose the name)

I felt grateful and appreciated throughout the interview. Most of my extracurrilar activities revolved around community services, which i was asked about. And i could sense that the school put strong emphasis on the humanistic approach in the field.

I sent them an update to my app (new jobs, etc during my gap year), briefly wrote down why i think the school fits me, and topped it off by attaching an entirely new PS just for the school lol.

Didn't get the typical reply afterwards, stating that they will update my file.

Instead, i was rewarded with the acceptance letter 3 days later.

Needless to say, i will be attending the school (not that i have a choice lmao)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
be grateful

Last edited:
I had one interview and one acceptance this entire cycle up to this point. Applied in June 2016 to 17 schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Yeah interviewed at 4, waitlisted at nova. accepted to LECOM, rejected from DCG, waiting to hear back from midwestern IL

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Me. 8 schools applied to. 1 interview and acceptance to my in-state school. 3 other rejections at this point and the remaining are silent. Doesn't matter at this point since I'm in :)

Yeah interviewed at 4, waitlisted at nova. accepted to LECOM, rejected from DCG, waiting to hear back from midwestern IL

Dude your avatar had me laughing hard lol

Reactions: 3 users
I had one interview and one acceptance this entire cycle up to this point. Applied in June 2016 to 17 schools.

Tons and tons of people have 1 acceptance after either multiple interviews or just a few. Then there are the opposite ends of the spectrum where people have tons of interviews and tons of acceptances and then tons of interviews and 0 acceptances.

Much better than me. I've applied to damn near 30 schools and I'm still waiting lol. Rejected from almost all at this point. I must excuse myself. There's a corner that asks for me tears +pity+

Much better than me. I've applied to damn near 30 schools and I'm still waiting lol. Rejected from almost all at this point. I must excuse myself. There's a corner that asks for me tears +pity+
What are your stats?

Applied to 11, 6 interviews, 2 waitlists, 2 acceptances, 1 I declined to interview at, 1 still waiting to hear from! These acceptances don't come easy man.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok guys so i just received an invitation from BU. I am wondering if it's worth attending it? Does anyone know about the likelihood of getting accepted after the interview at BU? If they only accept like 20 % of the interviewees i m more than ready to decline it

Ok guys so i just received an invitation from BU. I am wondering if it's worth attending it? Does anyone know about the likelihood of getting accepted after the interview at BU? If they only accept like 20 % of the interviewees i m more than ready to decline it

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remembering seeing somewhere that BU had a high acceptance rate after interview

Congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remembering seeing somewhere that BU had a high acceptance rate after interview
You're right. It shows over 100% accepted after interview in the ADEA 2015-2016 guide.

Have you investigated your LoRs to make sure there's nothing wrong with them?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah. All my LORs are good I think. At almost every interview I was told my letters of rec were great. I guess either I suck at interviewing, my GPA is too low or I'm just simply undesirable.

Yeah. All my LORs are good I think. At almost every interview I was told my letters of rec were great. I guess either I suck at interviewing, my GPA is too low or I'm just simply undesirable.
How are your ECs..? seems hard to believe that your GPA would be that significant considering your DAT scores.. also kudos to you for retaking :claps:

You're right. It shows over 100% accepted after interview in the ADEA 2015-2016 guide.
Are you referring to the book? Where do you find this information? Thanks! :)

How are your ECs..? seems hard to believe that your GPA would be that significant considering your DAT scores.. also kudos to you for retaking :claps:
they're not awful lol. 200+ hrs shadowing, 200+ hrs comm service, pre dent club leadership, TA award, etc...

Based on your signature, HELLO FUTURE CLASSMATE! :banana:

(assuming I commit to ASDOH)

Anyway congrats!!

applied to 10 schools. interviewed at 8. 6 waitlist. 2 rejection after interview. zero acceptance. life sucks. i m dying.

applied to 10 schools. interviewed at 8. 6 waitlist. 2 rejection after interview. zero acceptance. life sucks. i m dying.

Wow. I'm sorry man. But plus side, those waitlists can turn into an acceptance very soon. There's a few others I've seen on here that are in a similar boat as you with all those interviews. You'll probably get a couple more before the cycle is finished.

I'm sorry to add salt to your wound but that's wild. Fingers crossed, you get into one of those schools. I am sure you have a good chance to get in atleast one. But, in the event you don't get in anywhere, id seriously seek out various measures to ensure your interviewing skills improve cause clearly that's what's really holding you back. You're obviously solid on paper. How did you prepare for your interviews? And, how did you feel about how your interviews went?

The 2016/2017 cycle is coming to an end.
I hope for some good news for everyone in the similar situation

Over 100%? Haha, did they like an interview so much they gave them 2 acceptance letters?

How many interviews did you do? I don't know how common it is to talk about LORs during interview since nobody ever mentioned mine during my interviews. But if I was in your shoes I would start to question those LORs because I would think of it being a hint that something is wrong. I'm probably over thinking things though...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

How many interviews did you do? I don't know how common it is to talk about LORs during interview since nobody ever mentioned mine during my interviews. But if I was in your shoes I would start to question those LORs because I would think of it being a hint that something is wrong. I'm probably over thinking things though...

Why would they extend an interview if his LOR was so bad?

Why would they extend an interview if his LOR was so bad?
No idea. Like I said I am probably over thinking it. If I was in his situation I would be thinking that something was wrong with them since I'm very critical in myself. This is purely my guess though because of his statement that all interviewers mentioned his LORs. It is either that or his personality doesn't fit the profile they are looking for.

Based on your signature, HELLO FUTURE CLASSMATE! :banana:

(assuming I commit to ASDOH)

Anyway congrats!!

Why thank you! I just received an interview in Utah incidentally so perhaps we may/may not be classmates? I tried to message you privately but was unable? Shoot me a pm if you have time.

I'm sorry to add salt to your wound but that's wild. Fingers crossed, you get into one of those schools. I am sure you have a good chance to get in atleast one. But, in the event you don't get in anywhere, id seriously seek out various measures to ensure your interviewing skills improve cause clearly that's what's really holding you back. You're obviously solid on paper. How did you prepare for your interviews? And, how did you feel about how your interviews went?
I did great in all of my interviews. I answered all the questions correctly as all schools asked me similar questions such as why dentistry, why our school, strength/weakness etc. in fact, I saw one faculty interviewer wrote on my application"intelligent, strong candidate" and still dean put me on wait-list. Its just interviewers don't like my personality or think i am jerk. I received #9 interview yesterday but declining it because it will cost me $600 to attend it and i know i will not be accepted there. I did one mock interview at my school. If i have to apply again next cycle, i will do tons of mock interview. my body is alive but my soul is dead. I request all of you to pray for me that i get 1 acceptance.

I did great in all of my interviews. I answered all the questions correctly as all schools asked me similar questions such as why dentistry, why our school, strength/weakness etc. in fact, I saw one faculty interviewer wrote on my application"intelligent, strong candidate" and still dean put me on wait-list. Its just interviewers don't like my personality or think i am jerk. I received #9 interview yesterday but declining it because it will cost me $600 to attend it and i know i will not be accepted there. I did one mock interview at my school. If i have to apply again next cycle, i will do tons of mock interview. my body is alive but my soul is dead. I request all of you to pray for me that i get 1 acceptance.
I think you should attend it regardless..who knows you could have been accepted? They only extend interviews to candidates deemed worthy of admitting

I've interviewed at 7 schools. 3 rejections, 1 waitlist, and silence from the last 3 (to be fair, I just interviewed at one of those schools a couple days ago).

You're not alone, I really hope both of us hear good news by the end of February!