Anyone accepted with a lot of retakes? Please help:/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elizah46

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I know that a high OAT score can help with a low gpa. But I was wondering if anyone here has a lot of retakes in courses like myself:/ my optomcas GPA for both cumulative and science would be around a 3.0, and my OAT scores are high (380 TS/ 370 AA). But what worries me is that I've retaken some classes like Chem 1 and Pre-Calc a little excessively(the grades weren't too good, some D's and like 3 F's). I passed Chem 2 with a C, and got an A in Orgo 1. I also got an A in Calculus. I scored well in the Gen Chem section on the OAT as well. I know my terrible grades will be a huge red flag. But I've really improved since then and I'm taking more than 18 credits this semester with good grades. Is there anyone who's in a situation like mine? Grade replacement really helped me because my bad grades were only in those classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not my situation, but I would think with OAT scores like that you definitely have a shot.