1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

anyone accepted with MCAT below 20?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Apr 28, 2002.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there any chance of a student getting accepted with an MCAT score around 20 with a decent GPA, good recommendations, extracurricular activities?

If anyone has been accepted, I'd like to know where and please give your exact score if you don't mind. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

Jeebus! If you have a 20 just take the test again!

4. Elysium

Elysium Not Really An Old Beaver
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Personally speaking, I would NOT apply with a 20. It's just too embarassing. I think that I would wait until the next MCAT and take it again. I HAVE heard of URM's getting into state schools (specifically the TX schools) with 24's, but that's the lowest I've heard. I'm no expert...just my opinion.

5. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hun, don't even bother. With that MCAT score your best bet is a Carribean school.

6. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Thug 4 Life
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by medical22:
    <strong>Is there any chance of a student getting accepted with an MCAT score around 20 with a decent GPA, good recommendations, extracurricular activities?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not in this country. Sorry, I'm not one who's big on giving false hope.

7. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I definitely would take it again - no reason to waste all of that expense and effort :( I'm usually a big proponent of encouraging people with low MCATs to apply, but a 20 is just too low.

8. otter

otter Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've heard of someone with a 22 who got into UCSD. But she had connections.

Unless you have major connections, I agree with all of the above posters. Retake the MCAT. Maybe a prep course might help.

9. listen to these guys. you're wasting your time. that's not to say that it definitely can't happen. But unless you're a URM there's a 99.5% chance that it won't. If you are a URM, there's a 95% chance it won't. that's just too low kidd. you can do so much better. get it up to the high 20's range, and you *might* be OK if you apply to bottom of the barrel schools. i'm not BSing you here...ask your premed advisor about it. or just listen to the consensus here.

10. PMPMD

PMPMD 4G MD
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Someone with a 20 got into one of the UT schools. I don't know if they were a URM, had connections or what. However, the odds are not in your favor. You can definitely raise that. I suggest taking a prep course.

11. vinsanity

vinsanity Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry, not even in the Carribean.