Anyone actually use Kaplan books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bucknasty

Bucknasty
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually used the Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Home Review books? Are they worth it? How did they fit in with your studying? Did you end up using other books after you had already bought Kaplan's books? Any first-hand input about whether or not these are a good investment is appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

most of my friends used kaplan books in conjunction with the intenseprep class. personally, i carefully picked which sources I would use. even though you may feel "better" to use a set of books from one company (Kaplan, BRS, Rapid Review, etc), i think a good strategy is to use the best books from each (since not all books in a series are great). So I used Kaplan Pharm and Biochem and used books like rapid review path, CMMRS, etc. This plan worked well for me...gluck!

i used the kaplan home study series as my main resource. I liked them a lot, and would recommend them to anyone. however, i would also recommend that u follow UditNarayan's advice, and sample all the different resources out there before you settle on a particular set.