Anyone as ADHD as me??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its Jan, and my application cycle is pretty much over. I'm not really expecting to hear from anymore schools.

So I have become bored with the process and have spent my holiday time off work sitting on the computer in the residency forums looking into the residency application process and deciding what I need to do in medical school to be able to go where I want for residency.

So, anyone else have as short of an attention span as I do??

Members don't see this ad.

Ha ha, I've been doing this too, angel!

What I've learned so far:

1) try to match somewhere with night float, so that you'll have no (or very few) 30 hour shifts.

2) think about matching into New York, where they have a state law against working residents >80 hours. Apparently, since it's a state law, it has more teeth than ACGME

This is not to say that I'm lazy, mind you. I'm just scared ****less that I'll make a mistake and hurt/kill someone from sleep deprivation... :scared: I mean, for the first year or so, I'm not even really going to now what I'm doing when I'm well rested... :(

Glad theres someone else out there...

What I've learned:

1) During your 4th year most medical schools let you do like 2 months of "away rotations" to 'audition' at hospitals you think you want to do residencies at.

2) You have a hell of a lot more vacation time in med school than I thought you would

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumpity bump bump.

No one else already obsessing?