Anyone at OHSU.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P60001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be attending OHSU beginning Aug. 2002. I am looking for info on housing. Can you give me some idea of convenient locations? I plan to ride my bike most of the time, but I would like to be close to TriMet for back-up. I heard Route 8 is a direct trip to the campus, is that true? I have been looking in the Sunday Oregonian, but I am not certain what area of Portland OHSU is considered to be in their geographic breakdown.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a student at OHSU, but I do live in the area. It's true that the #8 bus will take you directly to the school from downtown and back. Also, the school is considered to be in Southwest Portland (it is right next to downtown). So most places downtown (although, I think they might be a bit more expensive) and in the SW area would probably be good. I know many places will say close to the busline and OHSU in their ads. Hope this helps!

Hi CT. I am not planning on moving until ~ Aug. 1, but I want to do some searching for a resonable place. I hope to find something close.
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be going there next year too and am wondering about rent prices. What is an average price to pay for rent for a one bed-room? How about 2BR? Is it possible to find a dog-friendly apartment?

I lived in the Hillsdale area in SW Portland last year. There was a girl in her first year of medical school at OHSU living next door to me. I paid about $700/month for a one bedroom there. But I know next to me there were a bunch of new apartments that are low-income housing (which I think we would all qualify for :wink: ) and a friend of mine paid around $400-$500 there.

I'll also be starting at OHSU in August. I've already found a place to live but average rent is from $550-700. One person I talked to is living in a place for $350 but it sounds kind of sketchy. I'll see you in a few months.