Anyone at or going to Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ConyTUSDM07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone here goes to or will be going to Tufts dental. I will be a first yr student at Tufts. I just wanted some input from the upperclassmen about 1st year classes, profs and studying.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

TUSDM 007 here...

You got a PM

I am a second year at Tufts, so if u have any questions lemme know and i will try to answer it...
Viraj

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think there's anything we should do this summer (in the next three weeks) to get a head start at school.

Besides that the main concern I had was about the classes and the profs. I here horror stories from everyone at other schools, especially regarding gross anatomy...how is that class at Tufts. How are the Profs...are they helpful or uptight?? what about the studnts (I know it depends from class to class)...are they cooperative or super-competent???

Any input will be well appreciated.

Regarding what to do with the remaining 3 weeks, I would say relax, have fun and just don't even think about Dental school, as u gonna be doing a lot of studying when u start.
Gross Anatomy is niot as hard as everyone says, I think the hardest class is gonna be Medicine in the First year. The prof's r very nice and helpful. I would just suggest that u keep up with the readings and u should be fine....
Viraj

THANKS A LOT

Your response made me feelo much better. I guess my anxiety will be over once I start school. Thanks once again. See you in three weeks.

I saw that tufts dropped to 24 th in ranking for the Part I boards. What is up with that. It is on their website.

Hey Viraj (or anyone else at Tuft right now),

Do we need a laptop/computer for the first few weeks of classes?
I'm asking cuz I'm waiting for some new ones to come out and I plan on ordering it when I'm down in Boston (in a month or so).

However, if we should have one for the first few classes, I'll just settle for an older version.

Thanks.

By the way, do we pay for our own loupes or is it included....i just got the program for orientation today and we'll be fitted for loupes on the 27th.

Regarding Loupes, u don't have to pay extra, as it is already added in ur tuition. We got Surgitel Loupes, I don't know which kind, as I din't use it that much..
About Computers, If u don't have one, then beter get a copy card, and be in library for printing all those transcribed notes, as they r the the key for me in passin my classes...
About the rank, everyone was surprised to see in school about how the rank went down from % to #24, well they found out that it was rigorous schedule and very less time to prepare, so now they have changed the curriculum and also have given a lot of time to prepare for Boards, so I hope that this year we get back to where we were 2 years ago...
Also about the curriculum, somebody asked, well it is pretty rigorous,, and time consuming, but it is easily doable, so I think u guys should be fine...
Viraj

can anyone tell me what r loupes :confused:

Loupes are eyeglasses with magnification lenses built-in or added on. They are made to your prescription of course.

Costs anywhere from $350 to $800.

I have a laptop. DO students usually use laptops in classrooms from day one (to take notes, etc).....and are you saying that if I had a laptop, I can just download the notes from the web instead of printing them?

I have not seen anybody in our class with a laptop during the class, as I think whoever is transcribing for that day, just record the whole lecture and then tpe it and put it on the database. Yes u could just download all the lectures on ur laptop, and will not need them to print it, but I rather prefer a hard copy as I like to highlight and take my notes on the side.
Viraj

thanks UBTom,
now i know what u were talkin about
thank u:clap: