Anyone attending Antioch New England PsyD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NH14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just sending this out there to see if anyone on the forum is currently attending Antioch, I'd like to talk more about your experiences with the program.

If you'd like to share:

1) What's been your experience with faculty accessibility? Are they easy to talk with and are they readily available to you?
2) What's it like commuting?
3) Would you say that any psychotherpeutic orientation is emphasized more than any other? And what orientations do most of the faculty adhere to?

Thanks a lot!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Just bumping it up *

Just sending this out there to see if anyone on the forum is currently attending Antioch, I'd like to talk more about your experiences with the program.

If you'd like to share:

1) What's been your experience with faculty accessibility? Are they easy to talk with and are they readily available to you?
2) What's it like commuting?
3) Would you say that any psychotherpeutic orientation is emphasized more than any other? And what orientations do most of the faculty adhere to?

Thanks a lot!!:)[/quote]

Hi There,
I go to Antioch New England grad school PsyD program and I have been very impressed. The program has far exceeded my expectations. The faculty is incredible. They are have a wide range of interests, and many ar e involved in research, publications and high positions on administration of psychology boards, etc. Also, if you look on the website at the description of the core faculty, you will notice they have attended impressive schools themselves. The caliber of the school is typically determined by the faculty. I can't express how much I adore the faculty at our school and how easy to talk to they are. Other than Monday (the day all PsyD students are in school) they are flexible for appointments.

Commuting is not a bad deal. I should also mention that a lot of people choose to live in Keene the first year or first two years. This is nice because you have more opportunities for faculty involvement and community building. However, i have commuted my entire time and have not minded at all. If you choose to stay the night (Monday nights) there are plenty of places where you can rent rooms for the night. It is nice spending some time in the small New Hampshire town..and then getting back to Boston.

The program does a wonderful job exposing students to all types of orientations. In fact, a strength of the first year is that a great deal of time is spent exploring which paradigm most "speaks to you" but you will be exposed to all. As mentioned prior, faculty is well rounded and as you advance through you can choose to take classes with faculty you most prefer. If I had to choose an orientation it was MOST affiliated with, perhaps I would say psychodynamic....but it could be argued so many ways.

The bottom line is-to you and anyone else wondering-if you get an offer from Antioch New England's PsyD program, I highly recommend you take it. As a transfer from another APA accredited program, NOT ALL PSYD PROGRAMS ARE CREATED EQUAL. The program far exceeds the other PsyD program in the Boston area (MSPP) and offers a small community with lots of individual attention, great practicum opportunities, and a challenging and thorough education.

Members don't see this ad :)
[QUOTE/]The program far exceeds the other PsyD program in the Boston area (MSPP) and offers a small community with lots of individual attention, great practicum opportunities, and a challenging and thorough education.[/QUOTE]

Huh, why would you say that? I go to MSPP and have secured a post-doc with one of the top teaching hospitals in the country. I have also been asked to give presentations at several professional conferences based on my clinical work and dissertation. (I am in an APA accredited internship as well.)

I have nothing but good things to say about MSPP. Care to back up your assertion?

I'm interviewing at Antioch on Saturday. Any advice? Should I dress business casual or very formal? Extremely excited!

Hi... my interview went well... It was a very informal day..I was so impressed with the faculty though...everyone was SO nice and made you feel at home.. I'm hoping to get in but I think it's a bit more competitive this year. We'll see!!:D

Just updating that I did get in and will be attending!