Anyone attending Indiana?

Started by beaneek
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beaneek

IU 2009
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted to Indiana University College of Optometry, and was wondering if anyone here is currently a student here. What are your likes/dislikes about the school? What recommendations do you have for surviving optometry school? Thank you! :idea:
 
beaneek said:
I just got accepted to Indiana University College of Optometry, and was wondering if anyone here is currently a student here. What are your likes/dislikes about the school? What recommendations do you have for surviving optometry school? Thank you! :idea:



Hi, I will have interview next month at Indiana could you give me any information experience about how was the interview, any tip that could help me. I make a reservation to stay at the Indiana Memorial Union; they inform me that it is10min walking from school. Please provide me with any comment you have about.
Thanks may. 😕
 
mayb said:
Hi, I will have interview next month at Indiana could you give me any information experience about how was the interview, any tip that could help me. I make a reservation to stay at the Indiana Memorial Union; they inform me that it is10min walking from school. Please provide me with any comment you have about.
Thanks may. 😕

I interviewed at IU a few weeks ago. There were 2 interviews, campus tour, short FA session, and lunch. The 1st interview is with 2 OD faculty who know nothing about you and so you sit there for 1/2 hour or so and tell them about yourself, why you want to be an OD, what you have done to investigate the profession, why IU, what you will add to the university etc. They have specific questions they ask but nothing off the wall. The 2nd interview is with a member of admissions office, you go over your file, and you answer a few more questions. Word of advice...don't be too nervous b/c from what they said, they tend to accept the vast majority of those they interview. Best of luck!