Anyone been rejected from Yale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

postbacchus

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My secondary has been complete at Yale since 8/10/01, and I haven't heard anything from them yet. I've gotten interviews at UCSF and Hopkins, among others, so I'm a little surprised I haven't heard from them, even if it is a rejection. Has anyone out there been rejected from Yale? Any suggestions on if I should call them to check my status?

Thanks!
 
still waiting on Hopkins... hopefully I'll hear this week. I might actually choose Yale over Hopkins (if I even get an interview) because Yale sounds so kick-back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi postbacchus, congrats on Hopkins and UCSF!!!

I don't think that Yale makes its decisions (or at least notifies applicants of them) until March. So you still have time! 🙂

Best of luck to you!
 
i've been complete since 11/1 and haven't heard anything either and i have interviewed at similar schools. i haven't heard anyone get an interview there yet whose file has been complete after the last week of october so i really wouldn't worry about it; they're not up to us yet.

good luck!
 
Thanks so much for the encouraging words. It's been a GREAT (though difficult) year for me and applications. UCSF, Hopkins, Case Western (accepted there), and others.

So about Yale - do they reject ANYONE before their 3/31/01 decision date? My main worry is that it's been nearly 4 months now and I haven't heard anything except that they have my complete application.

Thanks!
 
Been complete since 31 August and no word as well... Only other top ten interview I got is Duke and Columbia but everyone interviews at Columbia...
 
moo - yeah I noticed that about Columbia too. What's the deal with that? I mean come on, if you're gonna have people spend money and time to fly out for interviews at least screen a little more heavily first...But Columbia is a great school so i guess they can get away with it.
 
i've been complete at yale since 9/17 and also no word. i've also gotten interviews at quite a few good schools and went to yale undergrad, so i had thought i might get an interview. oh well 🙁

i don't think it's a great sign that nothing has happened yet, pb, but they could reject us if they wanted. i imagine they will wait for their amcas deadline to pass, then probably give out a few more interviews to those they passed over the first round at the end of their time.