You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone catch the April fool prank?
Started by bravotwozero
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The SDN-centric ad at the top of my screen right now reads:
"Have you noticed how awesome the process of applying to professional school is?"
That alone is prankworthy.
"Have you noticed how awesome the process of applying to professional school is?"
That alone is prankworthy.
Hahaha SDN staff did some fancy computer work and changed a bunch of words to auto correct into other things for A.pril fools. Along with the "Joys of applying to m.edical school."
I.nterviews are now interviews.
R.esidents are now residents
A.pril fools is now april fools.
The user G.oro is now Goro
A.nybody is now anybunny
M.edical students are now eggs
M.edical school is now medical school
I'm sure there's a lot more too, but this is just what I've noticed. Nice job SDN!
I.nterviews are now interviews.
R.esidents are now residents
A.pril fools is now april fools.
The user G.oro is now Goro
A.nybody is now anybunny
M.edical students are now eggs
M.edical school is now medical school
I'm sure there's a lot more too, but this is just what I've noticed. Nice job SDN!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As has become an annual event, this A.pril Fool's joke is unfunny, and stupid. Also, it is inhibiting actual, serious discussion.
My favorite part was the surgery thread where people got offended thinking someone referred to female residents as bunnies
You must be a guy. As a woman surgeon said, referring to women doctors as "bunnies" is demeaning and insulting.My favorite part was the surgery thread where people got offended thinking someone referred to female bunnies as bunnies
I totally agree, but... I’ve never referred to a female doctor as anything other than “ doctor” nor have interacted with anyone who ever has.You must be a guy. As a woman surgeon said, referring to women doctors as "bunnies" is demeaning and insulting.
As has become an annual event, this A.pril Fool's joke is unfunny, and stupid. Also, it is inhibiting actual, serious discussion.
"Also, when you as a medical director get multiply like rabbits calls, that means your people aren't comfortable with something and you should listen to them or go see for yourself. Or there was some sort of MCI going on at the hospital and all ambulance traffic was diverted, or something crazy like that."
I couldn't parse this, because of the lame prank. Or, do you know to what "multiply like rabbits" refers? So, your meme is misplaced.
Then I guess this day wasn’t for you. I’m happy to report that you have a full 364 days until you have to worry about us trying to have some fun again 🙂"Also, when you as a medical director get multiply like rabbits calls, that means your people aren't comfortable with something and you should listen to them or go see for yourself. Or there was some sort of MCI going on at the hospital and all ambulance traffic was diverted, or something crazy like that."
I couldn't parse this, because of the lame prank. Or, do you know to what "multiply like rabbits" refers? So, your meme is misplaced.
I don't worry about it. Although, since, for the past 10 or 15 years, they've been not funny (in the years when they were there), I can expect it.Then I guess this day wasn’t for you. I’m happy to report that you have a full 364 days until you have to worry about us trying to have some fun again 🙂
And, if that was fun for you, well...good for you, then.
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
As has become an annual event, this A.pril Fool's joke is unfunny, and stupid. Also, it is inhibiting actual, serious discussion.
Sorry, can't help it.



Not as funny as other April Fool's jokes, but it served its purpose.
This gives me 364 days to think of a really good one.
This gives me 364 days to think of a really good one.
Just like the old days - "there's a joke, and you're not part of it".![]()
Sorry, can't help it.![]()
And who in the world is "Corn Dawg"? And how does that person have zero posts, but, 75 points? I thought that you had to post to get points.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my EMS chiefs hates numbers in emails. We had IT call him to say they accidentally deleted his email address, couldn't recreate it, and therefore must change his email address to [email protected]. He flipped out over it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 1K