Anyone catch the April fool prank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bravotwozero

Chronically ambitious
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Easter eggs, bunnies, egg baskets? wtf

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The SDN-centric ad at the top of my screen right now reads:

"Have you noticed how awesome the process of applying to professional school is?"

That alone is prankworthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hahaha SDN staff did some fancy computer work and changed a bunch of words to auto correct into other things for A.pril fools. Along with the "Joys of applying to m.edical school."

I.nterviews are now interviews.
R.esidents are now residents
A.pril fools is now april fools.
The user G.oro is now Goro
A.nybody is now anybunny
M.edical students are now eggs
M.edical school is now medical school

I'm sure there's a lot more too, but this is just what I've noticed. Nice job SDN!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My favorite part was the surgery thread where people got offended thinking someone referred to female residents as bunnies

You must be a guy. As a woman surgeon said, referring to women doctors as "bunnies" is demeaning and insulting.
I totally agree, but... I’ve never referred to a female doctor as anything other than “ doctor” nor have interacted with anyone who ever has.

As has become an annual event, this A.pril Fool's joke is unfunny, and stupid. Also, it is inhibiting actual, serious discussion.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Okay...
"Also, when you as a medical director get multiply like rabbits calls, that means your people aren't comfortable with something and you should listen to them or go see for yourself. Or there was some sort of MCI going on at the hospital and all ambulance traffic was diverted, or something crazy like that."

I couldn't parse this, because of the lame prank. Or, do you know to what "multiply like rabbits" refers? So, your meme is misplaced.

• Haha
"Also, when you as a medical director get multiply like rabbits calls, that means your people aren't comfortable with something and you should listen to them or go see for yourself. Or there was some sort of MCI going on at the hospital and all ambulance traffic was diverted, or something crazy like that."

I couldn't parse this, because of the lame prank. Or, do you know to what "multiply like rabbits" refers? So, your meme is misplaced.
Then I guess this day wasn’t for you. I’m happy to report that you have a full 364 days until you have to worry about us trying to have some fun again :)

Then I guess this day wasn’t for you. I’m happy to report that you have a full 364 days until you have to worry about us trying to have some fun again :)
I don't worry about it. Although, since, for the past 10 or 15 years, they've been not funny (in the years when they were there), I can expect it.

And, if that was fun for you, well...good for you, then.

Not as funny as other April Fool's jokes, but it served its purpose.
This gives me 364 days to think of a really good one.