Anyone choose PA over MD/DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My family doctor tells me he wishes he'd gone the PA route. He urged me to look into since there a couple good programs here in town. I would like to find a website where I can talk to some PAs and see if they're happy etc. Also, looking for any info at all on PA v. MD. So, if anyone has any info or opinions, please let 'er rip.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Mom,
come on over to physicianassociate.net, the PA Forum, and we'll more than answer your questions.
I chose PA over MD/DO eight years ago but still struggle with the choice. Most days I love what I do but many of them I want to do more--and I work in family practice, in Oregon, where PAs can do an awful lot. I have a pretty autonomous practice and an fortunate to work with excellent doctors who are always available for backup (and most importantly, an AWESOME triage nurse who just knows who to put where...the only time I get someone inappropriately scheduled to see me is on her day off...Wednesdays generally suck).
Best,
Lisa PA-C

I also went PA vs MD/DO. Happy more often than not that I made the decision I did. (hey, everyone's entitled to a bad day once in a while...)
Agree with Lisa - PA Forum is a great resource. Check it out!