Anyone do the questions on the NBME CD for step 2ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone do the questions on the nmbe cd for usmle step 2 ck?-- What percent correct did you get and how did that correlate w/ your actual step 2 ck score? Any input would be appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I did them 3 days before my test. I got around 80-82% of them correct. I got a 236 for the test. I thought about 60-70% of the questions I had were at about the same level of difficulty as the questions on the cd.

rs2006 said:
Hi all

Anyone do the questions on the nmbe cd for usmle step 2 ck?-- What percent correct did you get and how did that correlate w/ your actual step 2 ck score? Any input would be appreciated. thanks

I took both tests from nbme about 3 days before my step2 ck (the ones you must pay for and take on-line or at a testing site). On the first one my score was 200. My second exam gave me a score of 250. My real step 2 score was 237...go figure. I thought it was fairly similar to step 2--which I considered much easier than step 1. In my opinion about 60% of the questions were recognition rather than problem solving and buzz-words were prevelant. Best of luck!

are there explanations to the questions available (like the Explanations to Released Items for step 1)?