Anyone Dropping an interview at Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PookieGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw my invite and saw the January 21st opening. S*it, it's the same day of my final, I thought. So I got in touch with one professor and waited for his response. When I got his ok, I went back to the interview calendar and POOF, January 21st had disappeared as an interview date.

So if any of you have a date in January or February at Pitt, and are going to cancel, will you PM me before you do? This would be SO helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

PookieGirl said:
I saw my invite and saw the January 21st opening. S*it, it's the same day of my final, I thought. So I got in touch with one professor and waited for his response. When I got his ok, I went back to the interview calendar and POOF, January 21st had disappeared as an interview date.

So if any of you have a date in January or February at Pitt, and are going to cancel, will you PM me before you do? This would be SO helpful.

wow; they had jan 21 available? I got an invite at the end of dec. and the earliest seemed like feb 22 which I took. It's possible I might be able to switch with you; could you PM me as a reminder; thanks

I got an invite late Novemeber and the earliest avail. was Feb 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish I had known earlier .... I cancelled my interview for today. :(

The admissions receptionist said at this time of year that people cancel a lot so she had encouraged me to keep an eye on the calendar. I took her advice and not 2 hours later, a spot opened up for January 28th and I took it. So for anyone waiting for Pitt interviews, if you obsessively check the interview calendar, something could pop up.

I had a Pitt interview scheduled for this monday (10th), but I withdrew earlier this morning. I'm not sure if the calendars are updated on the weekends... good luck.

can you even view the calendar once youve scheduled an interview? I tried looking but i dont think it's possible

i'm in a situation like pookiegirl's... i saw a january 24th date that worked perfectly with other east coast interviews (im from CA), confirmed other interviews, booked a flight, came back to the website and... gone...

the available dates are filling up fast... should i just schedule a different date, or do you think its better to wait and see if that specific date opens?