anyone else aggresivley pursuing interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been emailing, contacting schools that you would want to interview at but havent heard from that you really like their school and would love to go there etc.

Members don't see this ad.

jackets5 said:
has anyone been emailing, contacting schools that you would want to interview at but havent heard from that you really like their school and would love to go there etc.

I would like to do that at a couple of school but I am afraid they are gonna say "take a number".

I've just been lurking around the adcom windows at Colorado.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think i have to start doing that. There are few schools on top of my list who are being very slow for some reason.

The way im looking at it never hurts to tell a school your really interested in them. It may get your application looked more thourghly and get an interview over people with similar stats who havent expressed intrest.

Or you may annoy the staff in the admissions office that are forced, hour after hour, day after day, to field questions from neurotic pre-meds about their application status, their offers of acceptance, or which color tie might impress their interviewers most if they get an interview. One can imagine that a person forced to deal with such compulsive potential students might snap every once in awhile, and "lose" a file.

Now that I've planted that seed in your mind, feel free to worry the weekend away and call every school at which you have a file to make sure you're still in their databanks come Monday. :smuggrin:

Im not worried at all. And im not talking about doing it every day or week maybe 6 weeks after complete let them know your very interested still in their school. I definatley agree with not being annoying.

Personal expereince has shown me that somewhere between 9 and 12 "check-ins" a week crosses the annoyance threshold. I plan on publishing my report soon.

DoctorFunk said:
Or you may annoy the staff in the admissions office that are forced, hour after hour, day after day, to field questions from neurotic pre-meds about their application status, their offers of acceptance, or which color tie might impress their interviewers most if they get an interview. One can imagine that a person forced to deal with such compulsive potential students might snap every once in awhile, and "lose" a file.

Now that I've planted that seed in your mind, feel free to worry the weekend away and call every school at which you have a file to make sure you're still in their databanks come Monday. :smuggrin:

lol....that's exactly what I am thinking. It's like you can tell by their tone if they are annoyed 'cause you called or something. And then I get really nervous when they want my AMCAS ID and might misplace my file or something in the garbage can...'cause they sure as hell cashed my check already.

I am aggressively pursuing interviews. Afterall, I really need to...lol..However, I am doing it via update letters and letters of interest. I am not "whoring" myself around just pointing out to each school why I am interested in them. I am just being reviewed by the committees now so I am sending them before I am reviewed. I am hoping I can get a good enough look for an interview. Then I plan on letters post-interview (if I get any).