Anyone else applying to UBC?

Started by Deslok
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deslok

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was under the impression that you could get into the doctoral program with a bachelor's degree, but I got this e-mail today from the program coordinator:

"Yes, you have applied to the PhD program. I have changed it to the MA program, as your record shows that you have a bachelor degree. Upon completion of the masters program, then you will apply to the PhD program."

Is the doctoral program completely separate from the MA program (i.e., will I have to apply to the doctoral program all over again just like everyone else who's applying?) or is it basically a continutaition of the MA program (i.e., pretty much everyone who completes the MA program in good standing continues on in the PhD program)?

EDIT: Nevermind. The programs are separate. 2 years for the Master's, 3-4 for the doctoral.