Anyone else applying to University of Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think many programs require that.. I thought we were talking about an applicant, not a candidate. My bad

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think many programs require that.. I thought we were talking about an applicant, not a candidate. My bad

well its kinda weird. most schools didn't require it for applicants last year or this year. but i think for those applying next year, there will be a greater number of schools requiring it. as far as pharmacy school itself, there are a couple schools that have A&P or simply Human Physiology in their professional curriculum. so i would say that it would probably be benefical for you to the either A&P or Human Phys as an undergrad cuz you MAY have to take it again in Pharm School anyways.

I was previously notified that I had not been invited to interview at CU. Today I got an email saying they had re-evaluated and now would like to invite me! It's so strange, why don't they just wait to send out the rejection email until all interviews are over and done with? Would save some people a lot of stress! Anyway, I won't be accepting their invitation since I already got into one of my top choices....so hopefully one of you on here who also got that rejection email will get my spot instead!! Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was previously notified that I had not been invited to interview at CU. Today I got an email saying they had re-evaluated and now would like to invite me! It's so strange, why don't they just wait to send out the rejection email until all interviews are over and done with? Would save some people a lot of stress! Anyway, I won't be accepting their invitation since I already got into one of my top choices....so hopefully one of you on here who also got that rejection email will get my spot instead!! Good luck! :luck:

Wow, that is strange but good news for those still waiting. Congrats on getting into UCSF!! :)

Hi guys, my interview is tomorrow. Any words of advice would be appreciated. I'm so... nervous!

The best advice is to relax. Your actual interview will only last about 20-30 minutes so make sure that you get a chance to say everything you have been preparing to mention.

Somewhat good news to those who were denied an interview. I also got an email saying that after reevaluating the applications, that they decided to offer me an interview. Definitely wasn't expecting that after the denial email. They only told me 9 days before the interview though so airfare is expensive. To those of you still figuring out the hotel stay, I am staying at the renaissance. They DO have a shuttle from the airport and to the medical campus, but it appears that they were not very familiar with it. At first the guy I was talking to said that there was no shuttle to the school, but when I mentioned that I was going to a pharmacy school interview, then he seemed to remember that there was a shuttle. A little sketchy if you ask me... I'm still thinking I may need to take a cab. A final note: The price that they gave on the email file said $69 for friday or saturday nights with the CU special, but that is only valid for one night. My second night is $169 :eek:

Wow, that is strange but good news for those still waiting. Congrats on getting into UCSF!! :)

Thank you!! :D I am so excited!

The best advice is to relax. Your actual interview will only last about 20-30 minutes so make sure that you get a chance to say everything you have been preparing to mention.

They should be no more than 20 mins, since thats what we allot. Occasionally they will last longer, but not often. The best thing I can tell you is to come prepared with questions you want to ask. It can be hard to think of them during the interview.

Hey guys!
Has anyone heard back from Colorado yet??? I interviewed in early Feburary, adn they said that they will be mailing out acceptance letters throughout the interviewing process, but so far no word :( I guess no news is good news, but this waiting is killing me...

Hey guys!
Has anyone heard back from Colorado yet??? I interviewed in early Feburary, adn they said that they will be mailing out acceptance letters throughout the interviewing process, but so far no word :( I guess no news is good news, but this waiting is killing me...

Same here. I'm still waiting too and my interview was 2/15. Guess we have to wait up until the first week of April.. I'm losing my mind! Lol.. :p

I think we will be hearing from them on or soon after the 14th, since thats when their last interviews are. So maybe only one more week or a little more. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all the advice. It really wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. Now comes the hard part... waiting. Good luck to all of you (and me). I hope we ALL hear good new soon.

I think we will be hearing from them on or soon after the 14th, since thats when their last interviews are. So maybe only one more week or a little more. :luck:

When they offered me an interview, they offered me 3/10, 3/14/ and 3/31, so I believe that the interviews will continue until the end of the month.

When they offered me an interview, they offered me 3/10, 3/14/ and 3/31, so I believe that the interviews will continue until the end of the month.

That means more waiting ahead.. I can't help but checking for the mail everyday even though they said most would be notified in April. AND I've been putting off on finalizing my financial aid for another school until I find out. Ahhh, the stress is piling on. :boom:

That means more waiting ahead.. I can't help but checking for the mail everyday even though they said most would be notified in April. AND I've been putting off on finalizing my financial aid for another school until I find out. Ahhh, the stress is piling on. :boom:

Is CU your first choice k0ni?

Is CU your first choice k0ni?

Hey Jonny. :)

Yes! It is. And hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by saying so. Lol. That's why I'm getting so anxious. How about you? Did you hear back from any other schools?

I'm really nervous though because I feel like I didn't do as well at CU's interview as I did my other two. (Or that was my feeling anyway)

Yeah I felt like I could've done better too. Guess we'll have to wait and see, and hope that we don't have to wait the whole month. I'm still waiting to hear back from UW. Apparently they're still going through all of the apps:scared:

Yeah I felt like I could've done better too. Guess we'll have to wait and see, and hope that we don't have to wait the whole month. I'm still waiting to hear back from UW. Apparently they're still going through all of the apps:scared:

I know right.. It's going to be one very long month. Good luck & hope you have good news coming.

Good luck everyone. The wait can be horrible, but when you see that huge letter in the mail....

Hope to see some of you at APhA and CSSHP meetings!

ok, thanks to the recommendation of another applicant, I called back and got my other night to be 89. Apparently, the first time I called, the guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about

Hi, k0ni! :)
I just went for my interview yesterday and they said that they have a bunch of letters going out this week. Hope you see yours soon. :)
They also mentioned that the time that a person gets their acceptance letter has nothing to do with how good/bad they did.

I was so nervous during the interview itself but I think I did better on the group simulation and the essay so I hope I get accepted there! Within a weekend (I went in 2 days before my actual interview day), I fell in love with Colorado and kept pointing out potential places that I could stay!

Hi, k0ni! :)
I just went for my interview yesterday and they said that they have a bunch of letters going out this week. Hope you see yours soon. :)
They also mentioned that the time that a person gets their acceptance letter has nothing to do with how good/bad they did.

I was so nervous during the interview itself but I think I did better on the group simulation and the essay so I hope I get accepted there! Within a weekend (I went in 2 days before my actual interview day), I fell in love with Colorado and kept pointing out potential places that I could stay!

Thanks for the heads up! Now I can really start staking out the mailman. Haha. :p

aww man I don't even get to check my mail until the weekends

I think you should feel good unless you said something ridiculous at your interview. I think about 50% of the interviewees get in.

I had my interview on march 10th, and I felt that it went pretty well. Out of all of my interviews I felt this one to be the most impressive. There was minimal downtime and the facilities were amazing. Anyone else have any opinions about the interview?

I think you should feel good unless you said something ridiculous at your interview. I think about 50% of the interviewees get in.

I had my interview on march 10th, and I felt that it went pretty well. Out of all of my interviews I felt this one to be the most impressive. There was minimal downtime and the facilities were amazing. Anyone else have any opinions about the interview?

The campus was beautiful.. I loved every bit of it. The buildings don't make me feel like I'm in an enclosed space. It must be the huge windows everywhere. Lots of natural light. :thumbup:

I just don't know what to think about the killer geese. I wanted to pet one but my tour guide said they can get aggressive. Lol.

Pet geese? Really, I didn't see any! Lol!

I also thought the campus was really beautiful and it was so convenient to get there as it was close to the major freeway. Even though the assistant dean warned us that the university was in a somewhat 'ghetto' part of town, I don't care! I love it already.. Oh man.. I hope I hear from them soon.

k0ni..How come you declined your place at mwu-cpg?
Are you accepting Uh-Hilo? I'm still debating whether or not I should turn in my supplemental and spend another $50. :(

Personally, I thought the interview process was pretty cool. However, I was a little distraught after being handed the article less than 10 minutes before my interview. That was not expected at all. Overall, I had a pleasant experience. I stumbled a little bit in my responses but don't think it was anything majorly idiotic...

Lol.. crusherfist, I interviewed on the 10th too.

I don't know. Not saying something incredibly stupid might not be enough, unless about 50% of the interviewees did do that.

The odds are better than 50%. Think about it....
They want a class of ~150
They are interviewing ~300
Some people that get accepted at UCHSC decide to go elsewhere
So they have to accept a good number more than the desired class size.

The odds are better than 50%. Think about it....
They want a class of ~150
They are interviewing ~300
Some people that get accepted at UCHSC decide to go elsewhere
So they have to accept a good number more than the desired class size.

how did you not win treasurer?

To all those who live near/around denver: Exactly what does everyone mean by the "ghetto" or "sketchy" area of town? I am from california, so to me that can mean anything from run down and old looking, to a high transient population, to a high crime rate, etc...

So where all is everyone staying for tomorrow's interviews?

The area around CU pharmacy campus is ghetto because of high crime, many areas are run down, the occasional shooting and there are a few gangs that call the area home. But the good news is the crime is slowly going down and the area seems to be getting safer.

To all those who live near/around denver: Exactly what does everyone mean by the "ghetto" or "sketchy" area of town? I am from california, so to me that can mean anything from run down and old looking, to a high transient population, to a high crime rate, etc...

Hey Pharmit,

I'm from California also, moved down here last year to start school. I personally don't think the area is as bad as how others might make it to be. It's definitely not ghetto or sketchy well maybe if you venture further down Colfax but as for the area around the school I feel it's relatively safe. I haven't felt unsafe once and every once and awhile I'll venture off campus with friends to get some lunch and I haven't encountered any gangs or anyone sketchy. If you haven't visited already, you'll love the campus and for the most part ppl from Colorado are much nicer than California although I still love California no matter what. Anyhow good luck.

k0ni..How come you declined your place at mwu-cpg?
Are you accepting Uh-Hilo? I'm still debating whether or not I should turn in my supplemental and spend another $50. :(

Yes, Hilo accepted me back in January and I decided to choose Hilo over MWU-CPG for a few reasons. I was going back and forth between the two for the past month. BUT I'm still waiting to hear from Colorado (like everyone else here)! I'd rather send in my deposit and know that I'll be going to pharmacy school for sure.. Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping to get into my top choice school. :p

If you want to know the specifics of my decision, PM me. :) It's really an individual decision for everyone.

Hey Pharmit,

I'm from California also, moved down here last year to start school. I personally don't think the area is as bad as how others might make it to be. It's definitely not ghetto or sketchy well maybe if you venture further down Colfax but as for the area around the school I feel it's relatively safe. I haven't felt unsafe once and every once and awhile I'll venture off campus with friends to get some lunch and I haven't encountered any gangs or anyone sketchy. If you haven't visited already, you'll love the campus and for the most part ppl from Colorado are much nicer than California although I still love California no matter what. Anyhow good luck.

Thanks lilies, I have felt the same way since I have been here, but I didn't want to act like I knew the place since I have only been here a couple days. Well I'm going to the campus for interview today, so hopefully I'll like it. We'll see how it goes!

Hey Pharmit,

Things are certainly getting better around here. But a lot of that I suspect is coming from them demolishing all the ghetto motels right next to campus and our own little police force being around.

Things are certainly getting better around here. But a lot of that I suspect is coming from them demolishing all the ghetto motels right next to campus and our own little police force being around.

yeah, i dont know too much about the area myself, but by the talks of some of the faculty at the school of pharmacy, it sounds like gentrification is right around the corner.

Thanks lilies, I have felt the same way since I have been here, but I didn't want to act like I knew the place since I have only been here a couple days. Well I'm going to the campus for interview today, so hopefully I'll like it. We'll see how it goes!

Hey Pharmit,

I hope your interview went well today. I was doing the student tours so we probably saw each other but didn't meet. I hope that you ended up liking the campus and Colorado, it really is a nice change from fast pace California. Anyhow hopefully you'll hear some good news soon. Good luck once again.

Hi guys,

Just received my acceptance and admissions packet today. For those wondering about dates: the letter was dated 3/11 and mailed on 3/14 (I live close by so it came quick)..

Good luck everyone and especially those folks I met at the interview!

I'm actually going to be declining (I've decided to attend UCSF), but I thought it was a great program with amazing facilities and some really great faculty members. And for those planning to come from out of state, I've only been here in Colorado for a few years but find it to be a great place to live especially if you are outdoors type (killer geese notwithstanding ;))

got mine too. i'm still hoping for a spot in washington though so i'll be sitting on my spot here until i hear back from them.

Congrats you guys!!!! :)

No mail for me yet... I'm too far away. Lol.

right. from what i heard the first wave might just be for the first two weeks of interviews. i actually have no idea how accurate that is though so take it with a grain of salt. if anyone from the third week or later gets a letter then i'd obviously be proven wrong.