Anyone else applying to University of Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, mine was only just over a week ago, March 7. This is my first choice school so I'm extremely nervous and am ready to hear something. I know I'm not going to hear anything for a little while, but I'm sure you guys know how it goes.

Members don't see this ad.

right. from what i heard the first wave might just be for the first two weeks of interviews. i actually have no idea how accurate that is though so take it with a grain of salt. if anyone from the third week or later gets a letter then i'd obviously be proven wrong.

I interviewed Feb. 22nd and got my letter of acceptance yesterday as well. So apparently the 3rd week was also included, but I don't know more beyond that.

Do you live near by Colorado too OhFear? Interview was on the 22nd as well but live in Florida. Maybe it will come tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I've been a lurker for months now but have decided to come out of hiding with the news that I got my acceptance letter on Saturday and I will be attending. Yaaay! Congrats to everyone else who got in and good luck to those still waiting.

Hi everybody,
I just got my acceptance letter today :). I interviewed on Feb. 20 and my interview went horrible but they accepted me to my surprise :eek:. Don't think I will be attending though. Good luck to everyone!!!

Congrats to those accepted. JOIN SOME CLUBS!!!! See you at orientation!

Received the acceptance letter yesterday, after posting "maybe it will come tomorrow" and it did! Yay!!!!!!! Pharmacy school in Denver, Colorado, was the 1st choice, so very excited to relocate from Florida!

No mail for me yet! Hopefully soon...

Hey guys has anyone submitted their FAFSA yet? I'm confused on what grade level to put. I know the school said we have to put that we're undergraduate for the 1st year, but since I have a b.s., can I put 5th yr/other undergrad? Also, for type of degree/certificate, do I need to put that I'm working on my 2nd bachelor's degree, 1st bachelor's degree, or other/undecided? I'm confused. Help!

Hey guys has anyone submitted their FAFSA yet? I'm confused on what grade level to put. I know the school said we have to put that we're undergraduate for the 1st year, but since I have a b.s., can I put 5th yr/other undergrad? Also, for type of degree/certificate, do I need to put that I'm working on my 2nd bachelor's degree, 1st bachelor's degree, or other/undecided? I'm confused. Help!

hey i had the same questions and asked the financial aid office. here were their responses:

"If you are receiving your first bachelor's degree this spring, then mark you'll be working on a 2nd bachelor's."

"Yes, you are correct- you are not working on a doctorate degree if yourare enrolling in the PharmD program. This first year is consideredundergraduate for financial aid purposes and the 2nd- 4th years will be Graduate/Professional."

hope that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Jonnyboi, that's exactly what I was wondering. I can submit now. :D

Wow, this waiting is really driving me up the wall. Since many have already received acceptance packets, it's hard to keep my hopes up. I'm assuming I'll hear news (good or bad, but hopefully good) during the first week of April.. I just want to know so I can start planning for the fall. >__<

The wait is getting to me too! I am coming from out of state too so I'm getting antsy wanting to know if I have to move for school. I interviewed in March so hopefully this week I will know.

The wait is getting to me too! I am coming from out of state too so I'm getting antsy wanting to know if I have to move for school. I interviewed in March so hopefully this week I will know.

I will be declining my offer. I got accepted into my top choice. Good luck to all of you

I am sending a letter declining my offer tomorrow. One more spot will be available! :)

For those of you declining, what made you make that decision?

I have to say for me it was tuition and fees + the cost of living. I loved the school and thought that it had the best campus and learning environment for the students out of all the schools that I interviewed at. I was really impressed with everyone there including my fellow interviewees. I can see why this school is highly respected.

But I got accepted into my #1 choice, UT-memphis, so now I can pay instate tuition (13,000/yr) and stay at home for free thus reducing my cost of living for the first 2.5 yrs. If I had chose Colorado, I would have to pay out of state tuition which is 29,000/yr plus COL and the additional fees. I also will be declining Thomas Jefferson (#2 choice) because of the same reason; would cost me 26,000/yr + COL and fees. Hence why I decided to go to an instate public school b/c I will graduate with less debt.

I have to say for me it was tuition and fees + the cost of living. I loved the school and thought that it had the best campus and learning environment for the students out of all the schools that I interviewed at. I was really impressed with everyone there including my fellow interviewees. I can see why this school is highly respected.

But I got accepted into my #1 choice, UT-memphis, so now I can pay instate tuition (13,000/yr) and stay at home for free thus reducing my cost of living for the first 2.5 yrs. If I had chose Colorado, I would have to pay out of state tuition which is 29,000/yr plus COL and the additional fees. I also will be declining Thomas Jefferson (#2 choice) because of the same reason; would cost me 26,000/yr + COL and fees. Hence why I decided to go to an instate public school b/c I will graduate with less debt.

Fair enough. I'm just curious so I can offer feedback to the school since I was part of the interview process.

This is the first week of April. Anybody know when we will be receiving our letters? I'm getting anxious! Has anyone who interviewed March 7 seen a letter yet?

Likewise for me. Also, I just felt that the University of Houston has more resources as far as healthcare facilities in close proximity to the university with the Texas Medical Center only 10-15 mins away. It also has a higher Naplex passing rate. At the UH interview, I got to meet a ton (about 15) of P1 students and so I got a better idea of life during the first year. At UC, I only got to talk to 1 student and that was my tour guide. I got to meet a lot of the faculty memebers at UH but not at UC. So those were my reasons.

Likewise for me. Also, I just felt that the University of Houston has more resources as far as healthcare facilities in close proximity to the university with the Texas Medical Center only 10-15 mins away. It also has a higher Naplex passing rate. At the UH interview, I got to meet a ton (about 15) of P1 students and so I got a better idea of life during the first year. At UC, I only got to talk to 1 student and that was my tour guide. I got to meet a lot of the faculty memebers at UH but not at UC. So those were my reasons.

I agree with everything you said now that I look back on the situation. UT has a hospital on campus as it is the health science center + we have st. jude and lebonheur hospital, etc. in close proximity to our school. Also I think we have a better curriculum structure (no biochemistry, immunology, biostatistics, etc.) and have 1 1/2 yr. of rotations (15 months) towards the end.

We had four P2 students who went on our tour with us and there was only about 10-13 students per group. So we got tons of info and I believe our Naplex passing rate is slightly higher.

I heard from the admissions office that they will be sending out decisions early next week because they are still finishing up some interviews. :luck:

I heard from the admissions office that they will be sending out decisions early next week because they are still finishing up some interviews. :luck:

Thanks for the info. One more week of waiting.. I've been waiting for 7 weeks already-- what's another.

It seems like the last few weeks have been so much longer than the first 7 though!

Thanks for the information. I guess I won't call and bug them till late next week then. I really don't want to pay the deposit for another school since Denver is my #1 choice but I only have a short window to reply... guess that's how it goes.

Thank you for the update Pupsren. It's good to know I don't have to stalk the mailman until mid-week. :p

I interviewed March 7 and have not heard anything yet. Hopefully there will be a large envelope in my mailbox in the next few days!

I agree with you there. My interview was also the 7th. The wait is killing me. I want to know when you all start getting your letters. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I spoke with the admissions lady again today (I know, I'm crazy inpatient) and she said they are hoping to have email notices sent out by the end of the day today!!! And then mail notices will be sent out later in the week and for those that are accepted their acceptance packets will follow in the mail. So keep checking your email and good luck to everyone :luck:

So they will email you if they reject/waitlist/or accept you? no emails for me yet...

Thats what the lady said. All notices would be sent my email first, butI m getting skeptical seeing as though its nearing the end of the business day and still no email. :confused:

I think Pupsren got accepted 2 months ago and is just torturing everyone for the fun of it! lol

edit: the wait might be due to the fact that they want to send out all the emails at the same time, and need to do a bunch of copying and pasting, and then double-checking to make sure they don't mis-send anything.

Maybe tomorrow guys. This wait is killing me!

I was never emailed. I just recieved a letter in the mail when I was accepted so don't pull your hair out if you don't get an email.

I wish I had been accepted two months ago, it would have saved me several weeks of waiting and a lot of stressing. I spoke with the admissions office on Friday and Yesterday morning and she said emails would be sent first - I assume she would know what she is talking about. She did say she "hoped" they would be out yesterday, but who knows, maybe its a long drawn out process to get them sent. So I'm hoping they get sent today because if I have to call the office again I'm going to feel like a stalker.

Hey guys!
I just called the admissions office, and the lady said that the decisions will be going out in the mail today... no mention of email notices. Crossing my fingers for all of us!!! :luck:

I just received an email from Ms Brunson.

Just got accepted. Will be declining my offer tho

I just got my acceptance email!!!! I no longer have to harrass the admissions office and the stress is gone! :biglove: Good luck to the rest of you!

OMG! I just got an email too!!!! I just want to scream and shout, this is my first choice school!!!! See ya guys in August!!! :) :):):)

I just got my acceptance email today as well. I would be going to Denver, but I am already accepted and have sent my deposit to my #1 choice - UNC Chapel Hill. Good luck to everyone, Denver looks like they have a great program.

Now I'm getting really nervous! No email for me yet. Did anybody who got an email interview March 7th or after? I'm hoping that's why I haven't heard yet. Maybe they are going down the list by interview date. :confused: Argghhh!! I'm going crazy here!

I received my acceptance email today as well. I interviewed on Feb 15th, in case anyone is wondering.

Now, I'm faced with making a choice once again. I wish I had received the acceptance earlier... I'll have to spend a few days really thinking about this. I had already gotten comfortable with the thought of going to UH-Hilo.

Colorado was my first choice but they took so long.

I received my acceptance email today as well. I interviewed on Feb 15th, in case anyone is wondering.

Now, I'm faced with making a choice once again. I wish I had received the acceptance earlier... I'll have to spend a few days really thinking about this. I had already gotten comfortable with the thought of going to UH-Hilo.

Colorado was my first choice but they took so long.

Isn't Hilo not accredited yet though k0ni?

Yes, it's not yet but they will be. The program looks like it's well on track.

Maybe I'm just dealing with a fear of leaving Hawaii. Lol.

Have you heard anything from UW?

I interview with them next wednesday