Anyone else burnt out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sooo pathetic, I started studying for this thing waaayyy too early (started beginning of winter break). Now, I'm pretty much burnt out and my preparation has gone down to a trickle (i.e. I waste all my time watching tv and sleeping lol). Anyone else sorta stuck in a rut?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, yes, yes, yes. i am burnt to a crisp. i hate this test, i hate my life, i hate everything.

but on the bright side, at least SDN actually let me get on the f****** forums for a change. am i the only one with that problem????

hang in there ladies and gents, just two more weeks. and if we dont do well we atleast have the basic understanding needed to succeed on the MCAT and taking the august test won,t be so bad.

A-
Yup. I'm toast.
I started on this in late Nov. I haven't had a bio course in 10 yrs (!) or physics in 8, so I knew I had to start early. Maybe I was too gung ho at the start...
I'm not doing well on the practice tests, but I'm still looking to take the April. I don't feel that I can afford to let up on my study schedule until then, but when I take a moment to study now at Barnes and Noble, I find myself in the magazines more than in the MCAT preps. But I'm trying to stay focused....
I'm getting set to change jobs here, too...
Good luck to all!

dc

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also burnt out. But, on the plus side, I'm so sick of studying for this damned test that I'm way less stressed out about it! I'd take it tomorrow just to get the burden off of my shoulders.

hell, i should be studying RIGHT NOW! but am i? nope. f*** it. i am the definition of an apathetic, bitter old man. and i like it.

Between working a 50 hour job, commuting 80 miles one way, and my family - studying for the past 6 months has been a chore. The last month has been the worst in terms of progress. I hope the last 2 weeks are fruitful.

My goal: a magical 40.

Probable score: a not-so magical 30

All the best to my compatriots

I'm getting up at six and staying up till like 1 or 2 not that that means anything but I can't seem to form sentences correctly and i'm always mean. I hate that because I'm usually really nice. I can't eat or sleep or even think about anything but this....it's so consuming and I'm still not where I want to be but hopefully I'll get there. This is the most stressed and worried and sleepless I've ever been...wow I sound like a nut. Really I'm not so bad it's just hard not to be this way I guess...whatever two more weeks and it will all be worth it. Chin up all!

Originally posted by Cerberus
WOOHOOO I JUST DID A PHYSICS PASSAGE IN THE TPR workbook AND ONLY MISSED 1!! SWEET JESUS!@

YOU BLOODY GODDAMN LIAR.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE

hulk.gif

;klafhsdg;aslkdgh;aslidfja;ls

Oh my goodness, I am sooooooooo burnt out. I cannot concentrate for the life of me on anything!!! It's not like I am thinking about anything else, I just can't focus at all....staring blankly at the page wondering what it is that I just read. And my scores are plummetting! At this rate I will be in the teens by test day. I'm trying to just plow right through it, but I can't, and I'm getting really nervous and frustrated. :scared:

The best cures I've found for burnout are to 1) study in a place where I have no access to outside stimuli (the stacks in some boring statistics section are perfect. I'm not in school anymore, but I drive to my local uni to study there) and 2) reward yourself for finishing certain things in a way that requires you to leave (I personally work-out after I finish a practice MCAT, and my reward ends when I leave the gym).

Also, accepting the fact that you're going to do well pretty much prevents burn-out by eliminating stress. You've done well in the past, right? Why not now?

yup...just wanted to chime in. Altho i doubt i fit the "burnt"-out definition. I definitely could've studied harder, but at this point, i'm just staring at passages....counting down days...waiting for it to come bite me. And u know, interestingly enough, i'm talking MUCH less about medical school--everyone i know is much happier about that now (meaning i'm not boring everyone with how over my life would be if i don't do well on this exam and what all my options are and asking their opinions)

yea...definitely wanna get 4.17 over with.

Oh yea...then i can prepare for the 2 midterms and lab report and an event i'm coordinating that week ;)

Yeah, Coffee is no longer keeping me awake, I've built up a tolerance over the past couple of weeks :oops:

man, i just can't study anymore! not at all!!!! and, to be honest, i don't really know what to study anyway. when i look at the mistakes that i made taking 5R yesterday, only 3-4 of them were things that are easily "improved" by studying--the rest of my errors fall under the godless category of "the MCAT simply best-ed me in a battle of wits." anyone else with me? what the hell are we supposed to do now?